Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer to work in our Newcastle office. Working within various multidiscipline project design teams, you will contribute to the delivery of the civil engineering design content on a range of challenging projects across various sectors including Government, Energy, Commercial, Industrial and Infrastructure.
This position will perform a broad range of planning and design tasks for stand-alone water and wastewater treatment, sewer flooding, water and sewerage networks and general infrastructure projects, as well as civil design tasks associated with support of other multi-discipline projects. Duties will include field investigations, analyses and studies, as well as the development of plans, construction drawings, specifications, design calculations, reports and contract documents. The position will be technically involved in detailed design work, detailed checking of work completed by others, coordination of civil and non-civil designs on multi-discipline projects, as well as resolution of design issues during construction.
We have a number of excellent opportunities for motivated individuals to play an important role in the delivery of design. In particular, we are looking for experience in the implementation of the design of water or waste water projects to support our growing workload in these areas.
With frameworks with most of the major Water Companies there is substantial potential for career development and growth.
- Organise and manage site based investigations
- Development of designs and the co-ordination of the CAD team
- Completing civil engineering design calculations under the guidance of senior civil engineers
- Development of design solutions
- Preparation of technical reports at various project stages including feasibility, concept and detailed design
- Preparation of contract documents
- Co-ordination of the production of construction drawings in CAD
- Working closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Providing input to proposals, work scope, work schedule and budgets
- Liaison with the Client
- Providing support to allow the project team in relation to the duties of Designer under CDM including the production of design risk assessments
Skills / Qualifications
You will hold a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering with at least 3 years post graduation experience. Specific water industry engineering experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
Education, Experience & Proficiencies:
- BEng Civil Engineering is required
- MEng degree in Civil Engineering is an advantage but not essential
- Civil Engineering related work experience is essential
- Water industry experience is an advantage but not essential
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is an advantage but not essential
- Proficiency in Civil 3D an advantage but not essential
- Proficiency in Revit is an advantage but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
- Experience in Microsoft Project an advantage but not essential
If you have the right experience and skills, and are keen to contribute to an enthusiastic team delivering quality projects, we will be pleased to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.