Skills: Cost Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for an experienced Cost Engineer to join our team in Reading on an agency basis for 6 months. In this role you will be responsible for providing a complete Cost Engineering service to both project and corporate management for Proposal and Project Operations either as part of a large project team or covering all Cost Engineering aspects on smaller projects.
- Establishing project requirements, in conjunction with Senior cost engineer, with regards to scope of services, organisation and job specific procedures and cost reporting
- Maintaining close liaison with client personnel to maintain satisfactory working relationships and to identify potential problem areas
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or HNC / HND preferred, ideally in an engineering discipline or where strong cost and commercial skills are included
- A proven cost engineering experience within Petrochemical or similar industries
- Proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.