Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you a Civil Engineering EIT with 1 – 3 years of water / wastewater design and construction engineering experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to gain wide experience and grow their career.
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has a career opportunity for a Water / Wastewater Engineer-in-Training to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. This individual will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by a strong senior team and will work on a variety of technically complex projects.
- Will support water / wastewater design and construction engineering for municipalities, mining and others for water pumping, treating, conveyance and storage
- Perform engineering analysis for feasibility studies, facility master planning, studies, analysis and design of water treatment and distribution systems, as well as wastewater collection and treatment systems, which may include pump / lift stations, chemical feed systems and storage reservoirs
- Primary focus for project work will be the development of engineering studies, design reports, construction documents and construction oversight / administration related to water / wastewater infrastructure
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree and MS degree is a plus
- EIT required
- 1 - 3+ years of relevant experience in water / wastewater engineering, including internships
- Our ideal candidate is a sharp self-starter who enjoys and wants to learn more about water / wastewater engineering
- Applicant must possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, and have the ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously
- Applicant must possess excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports
- Must pass drug test, background check, physical and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.