Skills: Drilling Consultant
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Qatar, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
ANOTECH Energy is a consulting and engineering company dedicated to the Oil and Gas industry. ANOTECH Energy has developed partnerships with the main actors of the Oil and Gas industry and Energy sector in general.
SCOPE OF WORK
As a Senior Drilling Engineer, you will participate in all aspects of the company's well delivery process: design, plan, execute and review. This position will provide overall engineering support to operation and has overall responsibility for optimising well planning, costing and operations for several different types of oil and gas wells in all countries where the operator has drilling operations.
His responsibilities will include :
- Work with geo-scientists and reservoir engineers to define detailed objectives for all new drilling projects to be included in the well proposal.
- Prepare of ongoing drilling operations and of well proposal in liaise with Geosciences.
- Review offset wells and identifies risks and hazards, as well as best practices.
- Develop detailed well designs and perform casing stress calculations.
- Prepare comprehensive well programs including the drilling program, job programs, contingency plans for the well(s) for which they are responsible.
- Design wells (well interventions, well testing, completions and workover programs) and develops procedures to deliver optimum drilling performance (operational and well performance) and comply with the Drilling standards.
- Specify, select, order and accept all well drilling materials and services (well testing and completions materials) to meet Drilling standards.
- Monitor drilling operations and measure well performance
- Visit the drilling rig during critical operations.
- Assume responsibility for all well documentation including the follow-up and approbation of well end reports.
- Liaise with subcontractors, authorities and partners.
- Participation to technical presentations (IADC, SPE,...)
QUALIFICATIONS / BACKGROUND
- Relevant Engineering degree.
- Proven success in a Drilling Engineer role.
- Demonstrate competence in well design for drilling activities.
- Demonstrated competence in drilling well design.
- Knowledge of pore pressure and fracture gradient prediction.
- Ability to fluently write and speak English.
Start : ASAP
ANOTECH Energy was founded in 2006 to provide specialist services for energy industries.
ANOTECH Energy has developed an expertise in all energy sectors: Oil and Gas Exploration and Production, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Mining, Water industries. Our roots are in the delivery of the highest standard of service for engineering, projects and operations. We’ve been from the start developing our expertise in all technical fields.
Our vision is to provide our clients and our employees with a global approach and capacity as well as keeping the agility to deliver local tailor-made solutions. To do so, ANOTECH Energy has been developing several subsidiaries to better understand and support its clients as well as to contribute to the career development of its employees.
The energy industry players are constantly adapting to the energy changing market. For this reason, ANOTECH Energy’s multicultural approach, flexible and efficient business driven solutions contribute to its employees and clients achievements.