Skills: Pipeline Operator, Pipeline Services, Piping Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Corrpro Canada is looking for a seasonal Pipeline Inspection Technicians to join our team in Edmonton from October 2016 - January 2017.
Corrpro Canada, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.ca.
- Will inspect pipelines on foot using a pipe locator and GPS
- Review maps and pipeline data, follow scope of work, ensure data is complete and of satisfactory quality.
- Troubleshoot inspection equipment, the pipeline CP system, and the pipeline environment
- Participate in weekly toolbox safety meetings and document equipment safety inspection audits
- Communicate with project managers and clients
- Perform preliminary data processing and upload data nightly to the Corrpro server.
- Document deficiencies in safety practices/equipment to the construction foreman
- Operate and maintain company vehicles and equipment safely at all times
- Report vehicle and equipment maintenance requirements to construction foreman
- Additional duties as assigned
- Six (6) months of outdoor survey experience
- Must have a Class 5 Driver's License with reasonable Driver's Abstract
- Willing to travel and work in remote locations and walk over rugged terrain
- Surveying and/or GPS experience an asset
- Previous experience operating various types of ATV's is an asset
- Certification in NACE CP 1 & 2 is an asset
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and medical testing
- Must be available to work away from home on shift schedules of up to 12 hours/day
- Able to effectively communicate with both customers and fellow employees
- Able to adjust to work-related demands without becoming frustrated
- Demonstrate conscientiousness and dependability to produce results
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce.