Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Denver, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Technical Sales Manager - Production Chemicals is responsible for identifying key business development activities, developing the necessary requirements to win and keep new business contracts, and providing day-to-day account management support for Production Technology products and services with identified accounts; all in accordance to the goals and objectives set forth by local and senior management.
- Driving business development activities within the assigned geographical area.
- Develop and execute comprehensive sales objectives, goals and strategies based on market needs and opportunities to achieve revenue, profitability and market growth objectives.
- Establish customer relations through presentations, meetings, trade shows, follow-up on marketing generated leads and other agreed upon methods.
- Attend meetings as needed and work closely with technical and sales to ensure all action items are completed on a timely manner.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with key customers
- Utilize and follow internal sales and operational protocols and processes (as required)
- May be required to handle customer sales responsibility in an effort to support ‘headcount-to-revenue’ goals and objectives on a short-term basis as new employees are hired to support revenue.
- May be required to travel overnight to and from remote locations to support Operational needs.
Communications / Relationships
- Provide monthly operations report to management and customers.
- Provide feedback and support of Schlumberger PT’s technical services / lab support.
- Work directly with management to ensure all guidelines are being followed and communicated to sales department.
- Education - B.Sc. in Science / High School Diploma or equivalent / Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience - Minimum 7 years’ experience primarily in Rockies region, and fully conversant with upstream / midstream chemicals. Commodity and Specialty chemical recommendations and applications experience is essential. Recommendations and application types may include, but not limited to Upstream Water Management, Production and Pipeline Flow Assurance, and Asset Integrity and Reliability. Operational account management of Treater Truck and Delivery scheduling and application knowledge is required.
- Knowledge – Technical knowledge of chemical applications in oil & gas production. Complete understanding of oilfield processes is required. Chemistry and Metallurgy Application background in Paraffin, Corrosion, Scale and Hydrate Inhibition, Emulsion Breakers and Water Clarifiers, Scavengers, Dissolvers, Cleaners and Biocides.
- Sales & Leadership Skills - Candidates that have led technical, laboratory and sales teams, with Major Operators (Production Chemical business) in the Rockies region is desired. Customer relation skills and sales ability at various levels of the organization (Field Level to Executive Management) is essential. Technical communication skills (written and verbal) is desired. Leadership driving Quarterly and Annual Business Reviews that identify solution-driven value is required.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.