Skills: Emergency Response, Paramedic / Nurse
Other Skills: LPN, RN
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Township of Monticello, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): MN - Monticello
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We-re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we-d like you on our team.
Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Medical Technician to join our team at the Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant in Monticello, Minnesota.
This position is responsible for performing 10 CFR 26 requirements as deemed applicable by SAAL/FFDPM for collection of drug and alcohol testing and other company needs. This position will also assist with medical services as applicable. Supports the ongoing operations of the fleet and is jointly accountable with fleet personnel for the fleet meeting its excellence plan.
- Perform drug and alcohol collections and associated responsibilities as found in company policies and 10 CFR 26 requirements, including: Conducting Drug and Alcohol collections and notifications for random, for-cause, follow-up and pre-access needs in accordance with 10 CFR 26 and company policies; Providing administration of drug and alcohol disposition, data entry, MRO interface, blind sample submission and review while meeting federal and state requirements; Maintaining equipment and supplies associated with drug and alcohol collection needs; Providing offsite collections at remote locations when necessary; Providing Intoxilyzer and drug collection training as necessary; Coordinating and overseeing additional collection personnel for in-processing needs; and Assisting with collections at other sites where necessary.
- Assist and support medical services, including: Perform pulmonary function tests, hearing tests, EKG, blood draws and other support functions as qualified to perform; Providing interface between Medical Director and site; Maintaining Medical Records as necessary; Coordinating and assisting site for other health and medical related issues.
- This job requires emergency response duties to support plant access authorization and fitness for duty.
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Solid command of spelling, grammar, and math.
- Lab technician certification or higher-level formal medical education, such as medical assistant, LPN, or RN.
- Minimum of three years medical lab or clinical medical experience.
Must live within 60 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Monticello