Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The PSC Manager is responsible for the following:
• Provide subject matter expertise.
• Development and reporting performance metrics.
• Create and communicate project reports to management to provide visibility on initiatives.
• Shown ability to generate results through process change and thoroughly leading people to deliver results.
• Owner of PSC policies and procedures.
• Perform advance analysis as required by the department.
• Provide guidance and QA/QC for analysis and documents prepared by the analyst team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages all the business analysts providing support to the group.
• Manages the PSC policies and procedures.
• Supervises subordinate personnel including: hiring, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions.
• Assist in creating and executing strategic sourcing opportunities.
• Acts as a resource to provide information or determine the most effective way of meeting the needs of management, staff, clients or customers.
• Ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards & guidelines, etc.
• Reviews and/or inspects end products for quality, accuracy, and completeness.
• Obtains, documents, and tabulates quotes on items covered by existing contracts.
• Analyzes, summarizes and/or reviews data; reports findings, interprets results and/or makes recommendations.
• Reviews documents and reconciles discrepancies; makes needed adjustments.
• Gathers data, prepares reports or summarizes information.
• Monitors frequency of purchases and recommends possible options to increase effectiveness of purchasing.
• Sets goals, establishes priorities, manages resources, and develops concepts and approaches, reviews projects progress and results; makes management decisions.
• Auditing of vendor processes, capability, and performance.
• Coordinates the timely submission of data and organization performance metrics to internal and external stakeholders.
• Assists in employing best practices to achieve desired results.
• Identify and lead continuous improvement process.
• Ensures data/KPI reports are released timely.
• Bachelor's degree required in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Operations Management.
3-5+ years' work experience in strategic sourcing, supply chain, procurement or related field.
• Outstanding cross-functional leadership and communication skills; willing to challenge the status quo and make difficult and unpopular decisions, communicating effectively with senior management of all business units.
• Collaborative facilitator.
• Ability to build credibility, get buy-in and commitment with internal and external
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• In-depth knowledge of procurement principles, policies, procedures, and systems.
• Solid knowledge of procurement technical standards and practices.
• Strong oral and written communication and negotiating skills.
• High proficiency in use of on-line, remote-entry purchasing system and computer programs including Excel, Word, and the Internet.
• Skilled at influencing and motivating others to take required action.
• Excellent ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent customer relationship and communication skills.
• Must be able to understand the customer needs and specify requirements.
• Flexibility to solve different types of challenges.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously