Skills: Rig Mechanic
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russian Federation
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~~This position is responsible repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment to include,
but not limited to, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Observe and listen to mechanical devices in operation to locate issues.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, examine form and texture of
parts to detect imperfections and inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional
• Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Repair or replace defective parts.
• Install special functional and structural parts in devices.
• Lubricate and clean parts.
• Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance on mechanical equipment.
• Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair
• Initiate purchase order for parts and machines keeping purchases within budget.
• Repair electrical equipment.
• Adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
• Must have High School diploma.
• Should have at least 5 years of work experience as a Mechanic; oil and gas industry preferred.
• Must possess current certifications and licenses necessary to safely perform repairs on machinery.
• Must have knowledge of hand tools, diagnostic equipment and large & small mechanical
• Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
• Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with strong customer service attitude.
• Must be able to problem solve.
• Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
• Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
• Must have reasonable computer skills and be able to utilize MS Office products.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate
with staff, management, customers and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to
walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may
be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental
coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may
be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work
location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature
changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working
with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to
meet the functions of the job.
• Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
• Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees,
vendors and guests.
• Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety
precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
• Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due
care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
• Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company
• As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Parker Drilling may use Job Descriptions with duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, or other details that
differ or are in addition to those set forth in this document.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.