Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Kuala Lumpur, 14, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
As a Technical Engineer my role is to assist the Head of Technical Support with planning, execution, monitoring and control as well as the closing of an assigned project.
Includes, but is not limited to and not in order of priority:
• Follow up on regular basis with fixes to various problems and work with vendors to leverage long term improvements in reliability.
• Study/plan for equipment replacement for obsolete equipment on board and preform equipment replacement in the shipyard when the rig back for 5/ 10 yearly inspection.
• Reviewing drawings/ design of the rig in accordance with the contracts specification and class requirement.
• Be the focal point for daily urgent electrical and/or control matters.
• Support engineering research, diagnose, troubleshoot, provide prompt and accurate solutions to the rig maintenance teams.
• Ensuring the rig meet the class requirement and technical specification.
• Technical/ engineering solution to the project team for all the upgrade and new build.
• Support the rig for project / modification organized locally upcoming.
• Local inspection electrical services.
• Assist on the Warranty issues and PO's cost recover and following process
• Constant study and improvement implementation on the whole fleet equipment to suit constant increase of technical demand on the equipment.
• Identify with the rig modifications required to hardware to improve long term reliability the next phase of the rigs issues will be sensor failures and/or damage so we need to get on top of this ASAP both to ensure there are adequate sensors on the warehouse shelf but also to identify ways to improve their protection and/or subsequent reliability.
• Assist on maintenance program (task and setting schedule). Make sure that data systems is functional and operative. Detailed knowledge for the companies' maintenance system and to support the chief engineers on technical issues. Follow up the equipment vendors and vendor service reports
• Assist Maintenance Planner on the Min/Max Electrical/IT VAM set up.
• Assist on the budget issues (quotation, sketch, etc.)
• Visit the unit on regular basis to be able to follow up projects, issues, upgrade required, and routines task.
• Evaluate equipment, systems, procedures and routines within the area of responsibility with focus on the action to increase the operational regularity, efficiently and the general safety
• Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic
• HTML Programming Certificate
• Experience in technical support & project engineering.
• A self-sufficient and resourceful team player who can lead and motivate.
• Trained in the following:
- LTI Driller/ Drawworks Control Course
- LTI Top Drive Control Course
- Advance Siemens PLC STEP 7 Programming Course
- Siemens & ABB VFD Course
- Siemens PLC STEP 7 Programming Course
- TDS- 8SA Top Drive Course
- C++ Programming
- MdTotco Drilling Instrumentation Course
- Ex Certified
- NOV Amphion Control System
- HVAC Certificate
• Facilitate the resolution of reported incidents in an efficient and timely manner
• Demonstrate experience in industry standard IS frameworks.
• Demonstrate knowledge in analysing business requirements and delivering suitable technical solutions.
• Identify and develop IS improvement proposals for improved efficiencies
• Provide the bridge between end-users and application specialists in order to achieve business needs
• Communicate and enforce appropriate IS standards.
• Listen to others and accept input from team members.
• Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
• Prepare written business correspondence and technical documentation that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
• Ensure communications are effectively relayed
• Ability to competently and safely perform duties defined in the job description
• Ability to lead the maintenance teams on board to solve technical problems and reduce rig down time.
• Extensive experience from past projects
• Experience in handling rig down situations.
• Experience in preforming technical analysis and produce technical procedures for the fleet.
• Experience in handling projects within planned budget and safety standards and measures.
• MS Applications competency/Computer
• Working Knowledge of AutoCAD
• SKD Total Management System (TMS)
• Experience from operations and building of drilling units
• Co-operative and flexible regarding tasks and work load
• Commitment to house keeping
• Makes recommendations for improving to the Manager that benefits SKD's total performance.
SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad (SapuraKencana) is one of the world's largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions provider. The Group's principal business include providing end-to-end solutions and services to the upstream petroleum industry, and covers activities such as installation of offshore pipelines and structures, fabrication of offshore structures, accommodation and support vessels, drilling vessels, hook-up and commissioning, topside maintenance services, underwater services, offshore geotechnical and geophysical services, project management, diving services, offshore support services, infrastructure and specialized steel fabrication works. With a workforce of over 9,000 people, the Group's global presence can be seen in over 20 countries ranging from Malaysia and China to Australia, Middle East, America, Brazil and beyond.
SapuraKencana has established a new company called SapuraKencana Drilling, based in Singapore to manage the newly acquired tender rig business from Seadrill. The new company has over 2,000 highly skilled and competent employees representing over 15 nationalities. Under the new portfolio, SK Drilling will have 17 rigs in operation and 2 rigs under construction, along with 3 additional rigs owned by LLC partners, all of which are under long term contracts with reputable clients in the industry.