Kuala Lumpur, 14, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, 14, Malaysia
Skills: Crane Operator, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Kuala Lumpur, 14, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Lead Crane & Lifting Engineer is the designated "person in charge", and is deemed to be the competent person for all issues relating to Crane & Lifting Inspection, maintenance and certification.
Includes, but is not limited to and not in order of priority:
• Management of the 6 monthly and Annual LGI contract, inclusive of follow up with rigs to ensure standards are maintained
• Management of Crane Maintenance contract
• Wire Rope Maintenance Management
• Management of Internal Crane Operator Trainer/Assessor
• Support the SKD Training Department and offshore rigs in compliance and competence verification for HLCO & CO's through 3rd part company assessors
• Development and Ownership of all operational and maintenance procedures & directives relating to cranes, lifting equipment & wire rope maintenance management
• Audit rigs to endure compliance to SKD Directives and Procedures
• Audit 3rd party vendors as required to ensure compliance with SKD and industry standards
• Assist supply chain in the technical content for MSA development for Cranes and Lifting gear supply
• Assist in the development of fleet wide Crane critical capital spares
• Assist Project Team with all aspect of cranes and lifting
• Provide technical advice in an operational environment as required
• Provide expertise and assistance in the development and review of Lift Plans
• Travel offshore as and when required to carry out the Pre 5 yearly inspections of cranes to develop remedial work scopes and parts lists and assurance to ensure Class & Flag compliance.
• Ensure the 3rd Party LGI and Crane Maintenance Contractors are fully aware of the Crane Maintenance, 5 yearly and LGI Scopes of Work and that they are adequately prepared, both in personnel and equipment.
• Attend any and all FAT and SAT for new cranes and lifting equipment.
• Travel offshore as and when required to partake in any crane or lifting equipment related failure investigations
• Minimum 10 years' industry experience
• Trained as a Mechanical Engineer with strong working experience on Crane Overhaul & Repairs
• Operational Experience as a mechanic and Crane Operator
• Good level of verbal and written communication in English
• Good knowledge of Microsoft word & excel and ability to write quality reports for management & clients
• Valid BOSIET Certificate
• Valid OGUK and PCSB Medical Certificate
• Training as per SKD Training Matrix
• Maintain BMI levels as per Company & Client's requirements
SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad (SapuraKencana) is one of the world's largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions provider. The Group's principal business include providing end-to-end solutions and services to the upstream petroleum industry, and covers activities such as installation of offshore pipelines and structures, fabrication of offshore structures, accommodation and support vessels, drilling vessels, hook-up and commissioning, topside maintenance services, underwater services, offshore geotechnical and geophysical services, project management, diving services, offshore support services, infrastructure and specialized steel fabrication works. With a workforce of over 9,000 people, the Group's global presence can be seen in over 20 countries ranging from Malaysia and China to Australia, Middle East, America, Brazil and beyond.
SapuraKencana has established a new company called SapuraKencana Drilling, based in Singapore to manage the newly acquired tender rig business from Seadrill. The new company has over 2,000 highly skilled and competent employees representing over 15 nationalities. Under the new portfolio, SK Drilling will have 17 rigs in operation and 2 rigs under construction, along with 3 additional rigs owned by LLC partners, all of which are under long term contracts with reputable clients in the industry.