Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Kuala Lumpur, 14, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
1.The purpose of this position is to provide support to Asset Management teams with regards to Vessel/Rigs drawings and perform assessments/modifications as required.
2. Provide support to Operations and Business Acquisition with clash checks, bids, lift plans, etc, as prompted by Supervisor.
3. Full control and responsibility in archiving of all Drawings & Documentations.
4. Punctuality at work place is compulsory.
Includes, but is not limited to and not in order of priority:
• Awareness of the design of oil field and marine equipment design principles, machining, welding, casting, and other fabrication techniques.
• Develop preliminary sketches, layout, assembly and detail drawings using AutoCAD.
• Incorporate All Details in Drawings for Constructions
• Ability to self-check work before issue and use only accurate information when creating drawings
• Ability to carry out survey at site and record accurate information as necessary to develop fit for purpose and reliable drawings.
• Ensure documents are filed correctly and document lists are accurate at all times
• Other work as directed.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
• Overtime may be necessary as work load's dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
• Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to and visit a Client's or vendors office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
The Draughtsman may be assigned to work at a Client's office, facility or site for an extended period of time. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When the Draughtsman is performing outside SKD's office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by SKD' and/or Client as required.
• Advanced Skilled in AutoCAD is compulsory
• General knowledge on computer application
• Minimum with 5 years of experience as Draughtsman in Marine related industry
• A completed apprenticeship training in Shipbuilding & Ship repairing or equivalent will be an advantage
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Tender Drilling experience will be an advantage
Licenses, Certificates, Credentials, and Other Requirements:
• Medical Certificates are needed as required by local regulations.
• Pre-employment and random drug tests are required.
• Background screening includes previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification.
• Ability to competently and safely perform duties defined in the job description
• Experience in Oil & Gas, Shipbuilding & Shiprepairing will be an advantage
• Must be familiar with the technical terms used in Drilling or Marine Industry
• Take full responsibility in all aspects of work assigned
• Minimum supervision at all time
• Knowledge of Rules & Regulations on Classification Society is required
• Updates on ‘As-Built' drawings for General Arrangement, Safety Plan & Station Bill is most commonly expected regularly
• Knowledge in overlays of Rigs on client's Platform is required occasionally.
• To support Projects Team as and when required
• Drawing Transmittal for all incoming and outgoing Drawings & Documents must be initiated
• Total commitment to house keeping and maintenance of printers/plotter
• To maintain a safe and pleasant working environment at all times
• Makes recommendations for improving to the Manager that benefits company's total performance.
Communication and Reporting
• He must inform the supervisor on any discrepancy or seek advise
• He communicates, plans and keeps a close relation to all parties involved
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English Language.
• Communication and Reporting
• He must inform the Engineering Manager and update on any discrepancy which might affect the safety of asset and personnel.
• Communicate, plan and keep track of requirements at site.
• Must be punctual at all time
SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad (SapuraKencana) is one of the world's largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions provider. The Group's principal business include providing end-to-end solutions and services to the upstream petroleum industry, and covers activities such as installation of offshore pipelines and structures, fabrication of offshore structures, accommodation and support vessels, drilling vessels, hook-up and commissioning, topside maintenance services, underwater services, offshore geotechnical and geophysical services, project management, diving services, offshore support services, infrastructure and specialized steel fabrication works. With a workforce of over 9,000 people, the Group's global presence can be seen in over 20 countries ranging from Malaysia and China to Australia, Middle East, America, Brazil and beyond.
SapuraKencana has established a new company called SapuraKencana Drilling, based in Singapore to manage the newly acquired tender rig business from Seadrill. The new company has over 2,000 highly skilled and competent employees representing over 15 nationalities. Under the new portfolio, SK Drilling will have 17 rigs in operation and 2 rigs under construction, along with 3 additional rigs owned by LLC partners, all of which are under long term contracts with reputable clients in the industry.