Skills: Rig Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russian Federation
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~~This position is responsible for ensuring drilling schedules are achieved in compliance with Company and
industry guidelines and procedures, through the appropriate management of rig staff, equipment, budgets
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for key decision making regarding rig operations from start up to take down, and
ensure high standards are met and maintained.
• Manage daily rig activity to include, but not limited to, crew scheduling, supply maintenance, safety
training, personnel issues, etc.
• Ensure all rig operations are carried out in compliance with policies and procedures while
adhering to any state and/or federal regulations.
• As needed, actively contribute to all management and operational meetings.
• Ensure rig staffing levels are maintained appropriately to ensure project is completed safely,
timely and within budget.
• Ensure rig crews' competences are developed and maintained and train and/or coach rig
employee's as needed.
• Regularly monitor critical inventories and equipment and coordinate with appropriate
department(s) or vendors for movement of materials and supplies when required.
• Liaise with appropriate regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with legislative and industry
• Perform emergency responsibilities as per emergency procedures.
• Ensure the successful completion of all preventative maintenance activities and major repairs to
guarantee efficient drilling and minimize downtime on the rig.
• Be accountable for the safe operation of Company and contract personnel, efficient and productive
use of supplies, and proper maintenance, upkeep and repair of the rig and support equipment.
• Adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
• Must have High School diploma.
• Should have at least 7 years of work experience in rig drilling.
• Should have at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
• Must have IADC Well Cap certification and/or IWCF Well Control certification.
• Must possess direct knowledge of oilfield equipment to include upgrades, modifications and
• Capacity to work effectively under pressure in ambiguous and complex situations.
• Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
• Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with strong customer service attitude.
• Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various
avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
• Must be able to problem solve.
• Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
• Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
• Must have adequate PC skills to include all MS Office products.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate
with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to
walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may
be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental
coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may
be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work
location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature
changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working
with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to
meet the functions of the job.
• Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
• Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees,
vendors and guests.
• Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety
precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
• Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due
care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
• Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company
• As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Parker Drilling may use Job Descriptions with duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, or other details that
differ or are in addition to those set forth in this document.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.