Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- To assist execute the Telecoms commissioning scope of work in accordance with the contract specifications and schedule
- Provide support to the Snr Telecoms / Telecoms Commissioning Engineer
- Review commissioning technical documentation
- Function test Telecoms plant and equipment onshore/offshore
- To perform the work in accordance with the specified safety standards / project requirements / workpacks
- To support the commissioning team to function test the Telecoms system in accordance with project technical procedures
- Function test and repair, the Telecoms system in accordance with mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, commissioning procedures
- "Red line" project drawings and procedures with any changes made during testing
- Review construction documentation prior to executing commissioning activities
- Complete the project Completion System in accordance with project compeltion procedures
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner using AMEC procedures (Task Risk Assessment, TRIC etc)
- Ensure all activities are implemented in a safe manner and in accordance with the project PTW system
Other duties may include:
- Liaise with support vendors as required.
- Deputise for Senior Commissioning Tech if required.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment by ensuring personal safety and as far as is reasonably practical that of others by following qedi's / AMEC's Corporate Health, Safety & Environment Policy and applying qedi's / AMEC's HSE Management Systems
- Demonstrate and promote the principles of AMEC's Beyond Zero at all times
- Lead safety principles within the business portraying excellent safety leadership qualities
- ONC in Electrical Engineering OR Recognised Electrical OR Telecoms trade background (C&G / BTEC etc) combined with proven and demonstrable experience as a Telecommunications Commissioning Technician in O&G or related industry.
- BOSIET/ MIST/ CA- EBS/ Shoulder Measurements/ OGUK Medical/ 6 point Drug and breath screen
- COMPEX Hazardous Area Training (or equivalent)
- QEDi Mandatory Training (Induction, Risk Assessment etc)
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
- HNC in Electrical / Telecoms Engineering or related subject
- PTW Training
- HV/LV Switching
- Demonstrable experience in a Telecommunications Commissioning Technician role, with a proven background of delivery.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of telecommunications equipment / system commissioning.
- Good knowledge of O&G related SHEQ safe working practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the completions process and the ability to understand / complete related check-sheets.
- Offshore experience in a similar role.
- JMS experience.
- English - basic essential
- Able to demonstrate commitment to safety
- Flexible - able to comply with company and client requirements
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Confident - ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in a multi cultural environment
- Desire to learn and develop skills and knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of HSE safe working practices and procedures (including isolation procedures) and able to implement these during completion of workscope.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to complete applicable commissioning documentation (including test records, daily logs, fault reports and permit to work system) accurately and to a good standard.
- Ability to understand / implement applicable working practices / procedures
- IT Literate in major software packages (e.g. Word / Excel)
- Conversant with the completions / commissioning process.
- Ability to understand /project procedures and drawings in particular extensive understanding of P&ID's / SLD's / D&ID's etc.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of Mechanical systems including installation, testing, commissioning and general O&M of instrument equipment and components.
- Ability to identify PTW requirements and complete associated method statements / risk assessments for the safe execution of workscope.
qedi is a technology driven engineering company specialising in the provision of mechanical completion and commissioning services for large CAPEX projects and operational assets. Our global track record demonstrates reassurance in providing specialist Completions, Commissioning and flawless start-up services to companies within the Oil and Gas Industry and their major contractors.
The company’s commitment to research and development, continuous improvement and investment into new technologies has cemented qedi as the market leading provider of Technical Integrity Technology and specialist personnel for the management of Greenfield and Brownfield projects Worldwide.
qedi’s GoTechnology® suite of applications are now well accepted as the market leader and are embedded as corporate technology within International Oil and Gas companies and the leading Engineering and Procurement Contractors.
As a valued partner of the global Oil and Gas majors, with extensive experience in FPSO’s, Subsea, Pipelines, Offshore and Onshore Production Facilities, qedi are committed to HSEQ, training and the innovation of services and products ensuring our position as an international market leader in our sector.
In early 2011, qedi was acquired by AMEC, the leading supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the World’s Oil and Gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, water and environmental sectors. Being part of the AMEC group allows qedi to gain access to AMEC’s global networks and customer relationships, retain our independent position and cement our market leading position.
qedi’s offices are positioned globally in Oil and Gas ‘hot spots’ to provide engineering support, technical expertise and immediate response to our ‘in country’ offices.