Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Establishing project requirements, in conjunction with Project Control Manager, with regards to scope of services, organisation and job specific procedures and cost reporting
- Establishing manhour, materials quantity and cost budgets, control and forecasting of direct and indirect costs
- Reporting to client and internal management
- Providing on the job training and guidance for junior Cost Engineers
- Maintaining close liaison with client personnel to maintain satisfactory working relationships and to identify potential problem areas
- Degree or HNC / HND preferred, ideally in an engineering discipline or where strong cost and commercial skills are included
- A proven cost engineering experience within Petrochemical or similar industries
- Proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.