Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Complete preservation activities to ensure plant and equipment remains in good condition and is operable for the duration of the project.
- Be an integral part of a multi-disciplined, integrated commissioning team safely & effectively executing equipment preservation.
- Liaise directly with other working groups, Contractor or Subcontractor counterparts to ensure effective preservation is completed across all required interfaces.
- Ensure the Preservation Supervisors and Team Leaders are informed of progress and issues throughout all project phases.
- Complete Preservation check sheets to demonstrate compliance to the Preservation Strategy / Execution Plan and assure integrity of plant and equipment.
- Other preservation related activities as requested by the Preservation & Cleanliness Manager/Engineer, Leads or Preservation Supervisors
- Demonstrate excellent personal HSSE (Health, Safety, and Security & Environmental) behaviours at all times and ensure that the project safely delivers quality.
- Hands on role providing direction/assistance to all facilities preservation personnel ensuring a high level of focus is maintained on HSSE including BP's 8 Golden Rules.
- Ensure field preservation activities are executed in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the agreed Safe System of Work.
- Monitor equipment to ensure correct preservation activities are being implemented and recorded during all phases of the project.
- Monitor construction/completion of equipment and systems ensuring preservation compliance against the approved suppliers preservation procedures.
- Work closely with 3rd party contractors providing services and supplying materials or equipment for preservation.
- Liaise with other disciplines to ensure safe completion of preservation activities
- Ensure Preservation Observations are closed out satisfactorily.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment by ensuring personal safety and as far as is reasonably practical that of others by following qedi's / AMEC's Corporate Health, Safety & Environment Policy and applying qedi's / AMEC's HSE Management Systems
- Demonstrate and promote the principles of AMEC's Beyond Zero at all times
- Lead safety principles within the business portraying excellent safety leadership qualities
- Fluent in the English language - spoken and written
- Can demonstrate good HSSE behaviours and understanding relating to work in the Oil & Gas industry
- Awareness of safety culture on offshore platforms for the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience in relevant discipline for position and understanding of how equipment can be damaged. Willingness to live and work in Aberdeen & offshore.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- A proven decisive and proactive team player with effective communications skills.
qedi is a technology driven engineering company specialising in the provision of mechanical completion and commissioning services for large CAPEX projects and operational assets. Our global track record demonstrates reassurance in providing specialist Completions, Commissioning and flawless start-up services to companies within the Oil and Gas Industry and their major contractors.
The company’s commitment to research and development, continuous improvement and investment into new technologies has cemented qedi as the market leading provider of Technical Integrity Technology and specialist personnel for the management of Greenfield and Brownfield projects Worldwide.
qedi’s GoTechnology® suite of applications are now well accepted as the market leader and are embedded as corporate technology within International Oil and Gas companies and the leading Engineering and Procurement Contractors.
As a valued partner of the global Oil and Gas majors, with extensive experience in FPSO’s, Subsea, Pipelines, Offshore and Onshore Production Facilities, qedi are committed to HSEQ, training and the innovation of services and products ensuring our position as an international market leader in our sector.
In early 2011, qedi was acquired by AMEC, the leading supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the World’s Oil and Gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, water and environmental sectors. Being part of the AMEC group allows qedi to gain access to AMEC’s global networks and customer relationships, retain our independent position and cement our market leading position.
qedi’s offices are positioned globally in Oil and Gas ‘hot spots’ to provide engineering support, technical expertise and immediate response to our ‘in country’ offices.