Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- To execute electrical pre-commissioning / commissioning workscope in a safe manner and in accordance with contract specifications /requirements and schedule
- Provide support to the Snr Electrical Technician / Electrical Commissioning Engineer
- Under safe systems of work, function testing of electrical plant and equipment in both onshore and offshore locations, (see Note 1).
Note 1 : Offshore workscope will require working in Hazardous areas and therefore the candidate MUST be COMPEX trained and able to demonstrate a good understanding of the risks associated with working in a Hazardous areas.
- To perform the work in accordance with the specified safety standards / project requirements / workpacks
- To support the commissioning team to function test the Electrical system in accordance with project technical procedures
- Function test and repair, electrical equipment and systems in accordance with mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, commissioning procedures
- "Red line" project drawings and procedures with any changes made/noted during testing
- Review construction documentation prior to executing commissioning activities
- Complete where applicable associated pre-commissioning / commissioning certification in accordance with the requirements of the project Completions Management System and associated procedures
- Attendance of FAT's where required including review / acceptance of applicable technical documentation
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner using QEDi procedures (Task Risk Assessment, TRIC etc)
- Ensure all activities are implemented in a safe manner and in accordance with the project PTW system.
Other duties may include:
- Liaise with support vendors as required.
- Deputise for Senior Commissioning Tech if required.
- Provide support in the execution of Electrical construction activities within the bounds of
- Discipline competency.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment by ensuring personal safety and as far as is reasonably practical that of others by following qedi's / AMEC's Corporate Health, Safety & Environment Policy and applying qedi's / AMEC's HSE Management Systems
- Demonstrate and promote the principles of AMEC's Beyond Zero at all timesLead safety principles within the business portraying excellent safety leadership qualities
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship
- Technical qualification with applicable electrical background - ONC in Electrical Engineering (preferred) OR BTEC /C&G etc
- BOSIET/ MIST/ CA- EBS/ Shoulder Measurements/ OGUK Medical/ 6 point Drug and breath screen
- COMPEX (Mandatory for this role)
- QEDi Mandatory Training (Induction, Risk Assessment etc)
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or related subject
- HV / LV Switching
- Demonstrable experience, post apprenticeship / training, with current and relevant experience in all aspects of electrical equipment / systems pre-commissioning / commissioning within the O&G or related Industry.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of electrical equipment / system commissioning.
- Ability to demonstrate good understanding of risks associated with working in Hazardous Areas.
- Good knowledge of O&G related SHEQ safe working practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the completions process and the ability to understand / complete related check-sheets
- Demonstrable OFFSHORE experience in the role of Electrical Commissioning Technician.
- JMS / CMS experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members (English - spoken and written to a good standard essential).
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to HSSE.
- Flexible - able to comply with company and project requirements.
- Confident - Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Desire to learn and develop skills and knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate good understanding of HSE safe working practices and procedures (including isolation procedures and implement these during completion of workscope).
- Able to work effectively in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Ability to complete applicable pre-commissioning / commissioning documentation (including test records, daily logs, fault reports and permit to work system) accurately and to a good standard.
- Ability to understand / implement applicable working practices / procedures
- IT Literate in major software packages (e.g. Word / Excel)
- Conversant with the completions / commissioning process.
- Ability to understand /project procedures and drawings in particular extensive understanding of P&ID's / SLD's / D&ID's etc.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of electrical systems including installation, testing, commissioning, fault finding and general O&M of electrical equipment and components.
- Ability to identify PTW requirements and complete associated method statements / risk assessments for the safe execution of workscope.
qedi is a technology driven engineering company specialising in the provision of mechanical completion and commissioning services for large CAPEX projects and operational assets. Our global track record demonstrates reassurance in providing specialist Completions, Commissioning and flawless start-up services to companies within the Oil and Gas Industry and their major contractors.
The company’s commitment to research and development, continuous improvement and investment into new technologies has cemented qedi as the market leading provider of Technical Integrity Technology and specialist personnel for the management of Greenfield and Brownfield projects Worldwide.
qedi’s GoTechnology® suite of applications are now well accepted as the market leader and are embedded as corporate technology within International Oil and Gas companies and the leading Engineering and Procurement Contractors.
As a valued partner of the global Oil and Gas majors, with extensive experience in FPSO’s, Subsea, Pipelines, Offshore and Onshore Production Facilities, qedi are committed to HSEQ, training and the innovation of services and products ensuring our position as an international market leader in our sector.
In early 2011, qedi was acquired by AMEC, the leading supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the World’s Oil and Gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, water and environmental sectors. Being part of the AMEC group allows qedi to gain access to AMEC’s global networks and customer relationships, retain our independent position and cement our market leading position.
qedi’s offices are positioned globally in Oil and Gas ‘hot spots’ to provide engineering support, technical expertise and immediate response to our ‘in country’ offices.