Skills: Construction Engineer, Construction Manager
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is looking for a Construction Manager to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in one of our UK onshore/offshore locations.
You will join our Construction Management Team of highly experienced and competent construction personnel who manage and facilitate construction teams, materials, tools, plant and equipment. We execute established ‘best practice’ construction working practices, procedures and systems, supporting safe and effective execution of Brownfield and Asset Management projects both onshore and offshore. The Construction function responsibilities include; input into design ensuring implementation of construction best practice and development of optimum, sequenced build philosophies in support of schedule and cost reduction Management and execution of offshore hook up of new facilities and extensive offshore modification work scopes (Brownfield). In addition, the provision of construction management services globally, to manage third party construction and fabrication facilities on behalf of clients.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- To study and assess the relevant drawings, specifications and instruction of functional area of responsibility.
- To verify that the drawings and specifications provide adequate instructions for the work and advise the Project Manager of any deficiencies or clarification needed
- To ensure Construction Workpacks are issued in line with Amec Foster Wheeler procedure & issued for the execution for the works in a timely manner to meet schedule requirements.
- To ensure adequate and qualified supervision and skilled labour resources are engaged to meet schedule requirements.
- To ensure that all Sub-contractors employed within this area of responsibility are fully aware of their obligations and responsibilities.
- To ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a sub-contractor that an authorised instruction is given by the Project Manager.
- To hold regular meetings with Project Management, Client and the various sub-contractors to review progress, resolve problems, etc.
- Commitment and promotion of all Amec Foster Wheeler’s Values - Sustainably delivering excellence, Never compromising on safety, Acting with integrity through the realisation of company and project Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Ethics systems, policies and procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum HNC in a related Engineering subject.
- Recognised O&G discipline background.
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of Project Hook Up/Construction/Commissioning practices and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or senior position in Construction Management.
- Extensive knowledge of the construction process, its implementation and management. Fully conversant with project management tools.
- Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working.
- Ability to deliver training to personnel within the construction team – commitment to develop team members.
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project/company goals.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.