Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Penang, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for a HSSE Officer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Construction Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Maintain and update the project health, safety and environmental management systems during project execution.
- Plan and implement site HSE programs with reference to construction 60 days ahead programs, leading, indicators, legal reference, standards and best practices.
- Communicate health and safety action plans, concerns and decisions to respective personnel on site, client and contractors.
- Facilitate the submission and compliance to statutory licences, permits, variances from appropriate governmental agencies. Ensure project maintain records required by HSE laws and procedures.
- Ensure construction / operational activities carry out in adherence to the project Objectives and programs. Implement worksite HSE plans in regard to HSE work practices such as; HSE Instructions to Contractors, Behavioural Based HSE Process, Permit to Work, Working at Heights, Fire Safety.
- Facilitate the inspection and maintenance of Heavy Equipments and Machinery/Power tools during pre-deployment and during periodic inspection.
- Implement proactive measures to curb accident/incident, unsafe behaviours/conditions from recurrence through promotion, campaigns, and talks/training. Manage the site HSE records (audit, inspection, meetings, incidents, tool box talks, pre-job start talk etc).
- Conduct incident investigation and submit reports according to legal and AmecFW/Client requirements. Communicate Incident Reports and lessons learned.
- Conduct Project Management Review, highlight the short fall and recommend improvement plan to achieve the project HSE performance/targets.
- Review work method statements, JSA’s and risk assessments produced by the contractor, in line with local legal, Client and AmecFW requirements.
- Review contractor’s application for Control of Substances Hazardous to Health and ensure understanding and agreement of it to minimise health, safety and environmental impact during construction, commissioning, transportation and operations.
- Develop the site induction programme and ensure all personnel attend the HSE induction program and mandatory training.
- Compile and submit monthly HSE statistics and report.
- Ensure site personnel are qualified and competent for tasks set, and understand their SHES responsibilities.
- Implement consequence management to control the misbehave site employees
- Ensure AmecFW/Client BBSOs are implemented and to identify unsafe behaviour or conditions to reduce loss or near loss incidents and reinforce good safety behaviour
- Willing to perform other related duties assigned by direct supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing field health, safety and environment for the engineering, procurement and construction projects especially in the oil, petrol and pharmaceuticals sectors.
- Registered Workplace Safety and Health Officer with Ministry of Manpower and qualified Environmental Control Officer with National Environment Agency.
- Responsible for project construction fire, safety, health and environment during the construction and commissioning phase. Conduct Management Review on the project HSE management system.
- Possess good judgement and ability to extract the related HSE policies and procedures required for the site construction works.
- Familiar with AmecFW, Client and International Certification systems (e.g. ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 systems) which are applicable for project implementation.
- Fulfil the qualification, experience and competency required by local regulatory agency to act as the project HSE representative programs during project execution.
- Able to establish an effective HSE system in accordance to the legal and other requirements (ISO, AmecFW and Client)
- Able to discuss aspects of Construction Execution Plans and Strategies, which integrate Client and Specialist Activity HSE requirements. Knowledge in construction and commissioning Activities
- Passionate and possess initiatives to solve site issues and able to work as a team. Good communication skills.