Skills: Civil Engineering, Construction Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Penang, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for a Civil Supervisor. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Construction Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- The Civil Supervisor will represent Foster Wheeler on-site to ensure the construction contractors’ activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment, and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures, and Client requirements
- Ensure that all construction contractors’ supervision and manpower are instructed in and comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment, and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures, and instructions and Client requirements
- Ensure that construction contractors working within his discipline adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, Specifications, ITP’s, Procedures, and Site Instructions
- Responsible for the HSES, and quality aspects of the work within assigned areas and for ensuring construction contractors complete their work in accordance with the project schedule
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries, and tools applicable to his / her particular discipline and area of work
- In conjunction with the contractors’ supervision, planning engineers, and the Construction Engineer, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule
- Inform the Discipline Superintendent on specific areas where the programme needs to be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and material deliveries
- Responsible for monitoring the discipline and timekeeping of contractors’ staff and labour in a defined work area, identifying any disciplinary action required, and informing the relevant Discipline Superintendent
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive track record managing Civil and Structural Construction activities within Oil & Gas or Petrochemical sector
- 6 to 8 years of civil, structural, building, and architectural construction supervision experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A degree in a relevant technical discipline is highly desirable, but not essential if you can demonstrate the right level of technical and commercial experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.