Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Toronto, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Secure your future in Canada’s dynamic nuclear industry.
Be part of an exciting industry that provides challenge and opportunities for growth and development.
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Procurement Engineer with extensive experience in the Nuclear industry. Procurement engineer familiar with equipment and materials for the nuclear industry. The individual would have prior experience or qualification as a procurement engineer at Ontario Hydro, OPG or Bruce Power.
We are a member of the Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) global family. Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler (Nuclear Canada) is an engineering, nuclear safety and technical analysis company. We provide specialized services primarily to the power generation industry. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have over 500 staff and we provide technical solutions to clients world-wide. Our work involves design engineering in all disciplines, and performing safety and engineering analyses using state-of-the-art engineering and analysis software and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff provide technical support to operating nuclear plants.
- Complete Item equivalency
- Screen materials and purchase requisitions
- Complete engineering evaluations for materials
- Specify quality requirement standard for equipment to be purchased
- Evaluate vendor quotations
- Review commercial grade dedication products from vendors
- Contact vendors for products and replacement components
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Experience with OPG or Bruce Power procurement engineer process
- Ability to work as team
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills are essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient knowledge about goods available in market
- Good planning skills can be favorable
- Knowledge of CSA Z299 and CSA N285 and CSA N286
- Knowledge of ASME Section III and ASME NCA4000 / NQA-1
- Familiar with CANDU design and system grouping would be an asset
- Familiar with Environmental Qualification Purchase requirements
- Knowledge of Bruce Power / OPG Passport system
- Knowledge of Ontario Hydro Matbase would be an asset
Please note that this is a Contract position
In addition, you will be the type of person who displays strong leadership skills and is recognized by your peers and customers as a sound, practical, innovative and helpful engineer. You will pride yourself in your ability to provide value-added solutions and to consistently deliver projects ahead of schedule and under budget. You must be able to visit client sites on a regular basis, mainly within Ontario, both for short and longer-term assignments.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.