Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: West Palm Beach, FL, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you a Survey Party Chief who enjoys the technical aspects of projects, project management, and working for numerous clients on large projects? Do local, national and international projects appeal to you? We have an excellent career opportunity in our organization for an individual with technical skills in survey to support our Florida and southeastern states project backlog. In this position you will provide survey solutions for our clients through project execution.
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Senior Survey Party Chief to join our Florida surveying and mapping branch operations in West Palm Beach Office. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in survey and must be knowledgeable in Florida Surveying and Mapping standards, and applications, including boundary, topographic, route, geodetic and construction surveying for federal, state and local government agencies and commercial clients. This position requires up-to-date knowledge of current technologies, and a demonstrated ability to conduct field surveys and mapping projects. Successful candidate will have good communication skills and the ability to work with a group of experienced professionals.
- Directs activities of survey field crew; participates in field operations
- With crew, executes boundary and topographic surveys, land title surveys, engineering surveys and construction layout surveys
- Utilizes electronic data collection instruments to precisely measure distances, angles, points and elevations
- Performs project research, construction calculations; records survey data, field notes and prepares field sketches
- Field point of contact with clients and the public
- Ensures safety of crew and public
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma
- 8+ years of related field and office experience
- Formal technical training with survey equipment and procedures required
- Experience with GPS surveys, electronic field data collection, computations and data processing and mapping (AutoCAD and MicroStation) on boundary, route, geodetic, topographic and subsurface utility engineering projects
- Supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A valid driver's license is required
- Drug screen, background check and social security number verification
- If the job requires work on hazardous waste sites then a physical exam is required to obtain medical clearance
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds to conduct routine job related functions
- Appropriate health and safety topics
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.