Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russian Federation
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is responsible for supporting the Company's drilling projects by safely and efficiently
supervising the crew on the rig.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Safely direct rig crews in drilling and other activities, such as setting up rigs and completing or
• Responsible for maintaining full crew during entirety of project and ensuring crew is competently
• Train new crew members on standard operating procedures to include, but not limited to, proper
care and maintenance of the rig and drill string, including lubrication of equipment and housekeeping.
• Responsible for enforcement and clarification of Company policies and procedures.
• Connect sections of drill pipe, using hand tools and powered wrenches and tongs.
• Repair or replace defective parts of machinery, such as rotary drill rigs, water trucks, air
compressors, and pumps, using hand tools.
• Maintain and adjust machinery in order to ensure proper performance.
• Observe pressure gauge and move throttles and levers in order to control the speed of rotary tables
and to regulate pressure of tools at bottoms of boreholes.
• Maintain records of footage drilled, location and nature of strata penetrated, materials and tools
used, services rendered and time required.
• Bolt together pump and engine parts, and connect tanks and flow lines.
• Start and examine operation of slush pumps in order to ensure circulation and consistency of
drilling fluid or mud in well.
• Remove core samples during drilling in order to determine the nature of the strata being drilled.
• Line drilled holes with pipes, and install all necessary hardware, in order to prepare new wells.
• Position and prepare truck-mounted derricks at drilling areas that are specified on field maps.
• Cap wells with packers, or turn valves, in order to regulate outflow of oil from wells.
• Responsible for timely and accurate submission of various reports, such as: drilling report,
preventive maintenance/equipment report, safety report, etc.
• Maintain safety standards and procedures and keep work area in safe working conditions.
• Abide by Company policies and procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
• A High School diploma is required.
• Must have valid driver's license.
• Must have current Well Control certification and any other certifications as required by client.
• Should have at least 4 years of work experience as a Driller; experience in supervising others is
• Must have knowledge of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools
and operating work vehicles such as forklift, trencher, crane, etc.
• Must have good verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff,
management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
• Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to
walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may
be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental
coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may
be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work
location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature
changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working
with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to
meet the functions of the job.
• Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
• Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees,
vendors and guests.
• Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety
precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
• Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due
care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
• Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company
• As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Parker Drilling may use Job Descriptions with duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, or other details that
differ or are in addition to those set forth in this document.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.