Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to be an integral part of a multiskilled team. Working at our Bacton Gas Terminal you will be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain our range of equipment associated with the processing of hydrocarbons and supporting utilities.
This role operates on a regular shift pattern of one week on and one week off, 12hour days for which a shift allowance payment is made.
Key responsibilities include:
* Complete scheduled trade maintenance activities as per the maintenance management system
* Maintenance to be completed using the company standards and procedures, minimising impact on production, and maximising plant availability
* Raise relevant permits and isolations within the agreed time period and generate new work requests to highlight plant and equipment failure
* Manage and maintain Trade inventory of critical spares and stock equipment such that maintenance can be completed on schedule and equipment down time is minimised
* Provide assistance for projects, working with vendors and sub contractors as required
* Develop and review operational and maintenance procedures
* Comply with and pursue requirements of Change Management Policies eg, Plant Modification Proposals
* Employ Perenco Observation Safety Techniques (POST) to report unsafe acts
* Accept responsibility for all waste management tasks relating to individual activities at the Terminal eg cleaning up after tasks, waste monitoring and disposal
* Attend and participate in the Operations/Maintenance morning shift meeting
* City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Maintenance
* Experience in the offshore/onshore Oil & Gas Industry
* A time served Mechanical apprenticeship
* Experience of servicing and fault finding on reciprocating Engines
* Experience in maintaining hydraulic systems
* Good knowledge of maintaining centrifuge, reciprocating and diaphragm pumps
* Good knowledge of various valve maintenance including ball, plug and gate
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.