Skills: Facilities Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger is seeking a Senior Facility Engineer with least 10 years’ experience in oil and gas industry to join our asset evaluation team in Aberdeen. The successful candidate will work within an experienced team of engineers, geoscientists, commercial advisors and planners to take oil and gas fields from discovery to production. This includes all aspects of field development, from initial appraisal of ways to get the product from reservoir to market, through selection of the optimum development solution, engineering, construction, installation and commissioning.
The Senior Facility Project Engineer will use his/her core skills and experience to evaluate alternative technical solutions, and then manage the implementation of those solutions at any stage during the field development process. The role requires an appreciation of all the engineering disciplines that comprise a development, as well as the economic parameters that define success. The Senior Project Engineer will be instrumental in ensuring the overall technical solution is robust and optimal.
Location: Aberdeen, UK
- Able to work as a Senior Project / Package Engineer through design, construction, installation and commissioning.
- Lead and coordinate the team and interface with other project stakeholders.
- Identify and validate the key parameters that define the range of new or existing development concepts.
- Investigate and identify potential export options, including evaluation of existing local or regional infrastructure/facilities for suitability.
- Evaluate and make recommendations with respect to viable development options.
- Peer review of others’ projects.
- Create appropriate scopes of work for any required studies, and manage subsequent engineering studies and design.
- Play a key role in the development of in house engineering systems, processes and tools.
- Assist in business and market development planning, and preparation of proposals and tenders.
- Constructively challenges technical options proposed by engineering team
- Identifies areas where new and cost effective techniques can be applied.
- Actively organize and participate in multidisciplinary workshops.
- Reports on work progress.
- Responsible for raising technical exemptions and Management of Change if required during the conceptual evaluation.
- Experienced in “Data Room” visits and rapid screening evaluations.
- Degree and qualification level: Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering
- Experience level: 10+ years
- Experienced in challenging service providers proposals.
- Experience in conceptual well design generation working with subsurface teams.
- Must have worked in the oil & gas industry on field developments. Experience with an exploration and production company is preferable
- Project, package or discipline engineering on projects.
- Experience of both pre-sanction and execution phases of developments is preferable, in either UKCS or international projects.
- Involvement in at least one of subsea, deepwater, FPSO or minimum platform facilities development.
- Onshore field development experience is desirable
- Direct experience of onshore and/or offshore installation and construction.
- A broad understanding of upstream oil and gas disciplines and how they link together. Integration is a critically important part of ADIL's offering.
- Familiar with how to access government regulatory requirements
- QHSE leadership and ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
Key Behavioural Factors
- Part of a management team and is required to work autonomously
- Driven, takes ownership of issues and drives them to completion
- Flexible and adaptive approach to work.
- Able to work unsupervised or as part of a team, which might include the supervision and management of team members and/or contractors.
- Self-starter and self-motivated person who can demonstrate use of initiative.
- Enquiring mind, identifies efficiencies and improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good communication and cross functional integration skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Goal orientated
- Planning Ability
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.