Sugar Land, TX, US
Sugar Land, TX, US
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sugar Land, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a publicly traded master limited partnership formed in 2002 to acquire, own and operate a diverse mix of crude oil and refined products pipelines, and terminal and storage facilities, as well as crude oil acquisition and marketing assets. Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unit holders.
Sunoco Logistics is currently seeking a Senior Regulatory Accountant. The prospective employee will be responsible for the following:
- Editing and filing of Regulatory and Severance Tax reports including reconciliation with constantly changing underlying data.
- Initiating approved payments and monitoring and reconciling the associated accounting entries necessary in the purchase of lease crude.
- Research all invoices for penalty and interest for validity and cause and prepare payment requests and G/L entries.
- Coordinate data from outside sources to be sure regulatory reporting is correct and all data is in sync
- Research and provide opinions on State and Federal Regulatory matters.
- Responsible for Regulatory Reporting of volume movements and other regulatory reports which may not be specifically Tax related.
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of Accounting, including general ledger experience
- Proficient with PC applications (EXCEL)
- Must be knowledgeable in federal and state regulations regarding reporting requirements and compliance
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision; detail oriented with strong organization, prioritization, analytical, investigative, and troubleshooting skills
- Able to use data from one system to make payment in another
- Able to respond to and potentially mediate any penalty and interest charges
- Good understanding of General Ledger accounting and tax set
- Good Understanding of tax implications of unusual oil and gas arrangements
- Good Understanding of a variety of regulatory requirements
- Good System skills are required to operate in a variety of systems, both main frame and Server based.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor in Accounting or Business/Finance
- SAP experience
- Experience with Canadian Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Vet
required_edu: 4 skill_id: 532, 806, 573