Skills: Civil Engineering, Design Engineer, Structural Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Diego, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc., is looking for an experienced Design Engineer.
FYFE Company and Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc., subsidiaries of the Aegion Corporation, is the manufacturer of TYFO® products and FIBRWRAP® Strengthening Systems, and is an ISO 9001:2008 registered firm. The FYFE Group, which includes a global network of certified applicators, are global leaders in the use of externally bonded Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) systems for the strengthening, repair and restoration of masonry, concrete, steel and wooden structures. For more details, visit www.fibrwrap.com or www.fyfeco.com .
- Responsible for advancing Fibrwrap's technical advantage in the engineering community
- Collaborate with and work simultaneously with Project Managers, Estimators, and Business Development staff to increase visibility of Fibrwrap on upcoming bidding projects and allow for higher marketability of the services provided.
- Author project specifications that incorporate Fyfe materials
- Manage feasibility studies that give Structural Engineers confidence in FRP systems
- Influence engineering design so that Fyfe Company materials show up on bid plans
- Help to develop Requests For Information "RFI's" to increase Company probability of winning bids and to limit gray areas which could negatively affect construction costs
- Work with Operations to develop change orders to better ensure maximum profitability and increase revenue on projects
- Determine material options for each project for optimum usage
- Establishes relationships with key clients (end users, buyers and especially the technical buyer)
- Coordinates bid/proposal package submittal with Business Developer
- Works with Business Developer to obtain and execute contract
- Drives submittal process
- Works with drafting to develop shop drawings and calculations
- BS degree (MS preferred) -Structural, Civil Engineering, or related field
- EIT preferred
- 0-3 years of successful engineering technical experience
- Driven with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team building and development skills
- Proven experience in developing and executing strategic initiatives
- FRP or related industry experience preferred
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.