Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company?- Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We-re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you-re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Responsible for strategic planning, technical leadership, and operation of the corporate-wide network communications infrastructure. This includes technology standards creation/support, designing, developing, maintaining, promoting, and managing the network communications technologies to support Xcel Energy's strategic and tactical business directions. The technical infrastructure includes all corporate network communications infrastructure, primary networks connecting utility facilities, substations, data centers, field communications, SCADA, radio, and wireless and satellite communications. This position will support advancement in smart technologies as well as create and direct a flexible and secure network that will support the modernization of utility functions. Responsible for the 24/ 7 operations of technologies and services and ensuring operational metrics are achieved. Responsible for balancing total cost with corporate objectives for reliability, business capabilities, and security.
- Develops short and long-term strategies that integrate networking, grid intelligence and security into field operations communications as well as corporate network operations. Stays abreast of new technologies. Establishes long-term lifecycle management plans.
- Directs resources from both Xcel Energy IT and sourcing partners related to the communications infrastructure. Partner across the business to develop and implement effective agreements.
- Strategizes with partners to develop and implement guiding principles, designs, reference architecture, and standards to create a technical infrastructure that helps achieve business objectives.
- Establishes and manages a rolling 5-year financial forecast. Recognizes short and long term pressures to budget and mitigates issues to meet departmental objectives.
- Works with peers to establish and govern the daily decisions required to effectively manage a large IT department. This includes financial, project, and technology governance, process improvement, and creation of a 5-year strategic roadmap for the department. Effectively communicates vision.
- Identifies and sponsors investments for the communications infrastructure that meets all technical requirements. Directly manages these projects to insure adherence to costs and schedule commitments, as well as expected results measured in value to the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience with emerging technologies is required.
- Fifteen years of IT experience including at least five years of managing high performance technology teams.
- Must have broad knowledge of IT network communications infrastructure and architecture, large scale project management experience, and superior business judgment.
- Must be flexible, an excellent communicator, and possess superior team building, performance management, and consensus management skills.
- Possesses strong leadership and interpersonal skills when working one-on-one with senior leadership. Vendor/outsource provider management required.
- Preferred skills include a strong understanding of ITIL & service management concepts and knowledge of data, voice, & video technologies including Routers/Switches/Firewalls/Load Balancers/Wan Accelerators, Fiber Networks, Radio technologies, Microwave technologies, Routing protocols, VPN Solutions, SIP Trunking, VoIP, circuit Mgmt, PBX, IVRs, Voice Systems, Quality of Service QOS.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Minneapolis