Skills: HR - General, Payroll
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow?- A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you-re looking for.
Analyze and process employee payroll, benefit, and/or job record transactions. Continuously monitor data integrity within the HRMS and time collection system, and modify existing processes as needed to meet changing requirements. Ensure payroll and/or benefit processing is accurate, timely and in compliance with company policies and/or program provisions and applicable laws and regulations.
- Update and maintain employee job record, payroll, benefit, and/or personal information within the HRMS and various systems in a timely and accurate manor. Ensure the electronic documentation of the process
- Verify information submitted by managers/employees through the analysis of the transaction. This analysis may require working closely with Timekeepers, Compensation, and Workforce Relations to ascertain the accuracy of the data submitted. Maintains a high level of confidentiality through understanding privacy laws and requirements.
- Responsible for accurate processing of specialized Payroll and Benefit processes and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, HR policy, program provision and internal process controls. This includes ACH File Verification, Craft Welfare Funds, Garnishments, Reciprocity, Severance, COBRA, eligibility, leave of absence, death, retirement, termination etc. Maintain expertise within area of subject matter expertise to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Resolve issues and effectively communicate outcomes. Assist with internal and external audits to ensure programs are administered in compliance with applicable policies, program provisions, laws and regulations.
- Work closely with HRMS staff in the testing and implementation of system upgrades and serve as a liaison to resolve process-related problems.
- Continuously work to improve the workflow process in order to ensure data integrity and achievement of HR Operations Center standards.
- Assist department as needed to achieve and maintain expected customer service levels. Other project work as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of human resources experience in benefits and/or payroll
- Understanding of HRMS and time collection systems, and of their interrelationship and interdependencies
- Knowledge of privacy laws and applicable legal/regulatory requirements in area of subject matter expertise
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Post high school education
- PeopleSoft experience
- 5 years experience with payroll
- Experience with unions
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Minneapolis