Skills: Accounting, Budget / Cost Control, Business Analyst
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Township of Monticello, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): MN - Monticello
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We-re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we-d like you on our team.
Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our team at the Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant in Monticello, Minnesota.
This position provides all accounting, budgeting and forecasting services to multiple stations or service organizations. Coordinate station or department annual and monthly budget process, assures correct accounting practices and report station or department financial condition to station, department and ES leadership. Perform detail and variance analysis. Maintains book of records for the station. Coordinate and monitor related ES service level agreements.
- Financial and Business Planning - Annual Develop, coordinate and deliver O&M (2yr) and Capital (5yr) budget. Budgets are developed and delivered via COMPASS toolset (CBS and ES JDE). Ensure information transmitted to Corporate (JDE) is accurate and correct.
- Expenditure Reporting and Analysis - Monthly Provide analysis of actual and/or historical financial results compared to budget. Provide specific expenditure information on a monthly basis using COMPASS and Corporate (Concur, Passport, JDE, etc) tools to access detail information. Conduct station or department review meeting monthly to ensure financial performance is analyzed and communicated.
- Expenditure Forecasting - Monthly Work with staff personnel each month to forecast monthly to end of year spending on O&M and Capital expenditures. ES forecast is entered in CBS and transmitted to JDE. Ensure accurate forecast data has been transmitted to JDE each month.
- Internal Controls Administer systems to safeguard assets and maintain the integrity of financial transactions. Utilize Maximo data and data in ancillary corporate systems (Passport, Concur, JDE, etc.). Review for accounting accuracy and make ledger corrections as necessary. Identify and enter accrual accounting transactions. Ensure ES JDE has correct accounting information contained in it, relating to station responsibility.
- Training of Site Personnel Develop and conduct training and educational programs for site/area personnel on accounting, finance and budgeting policies and procedures as well as how to use the applicable financial systems (ES JDE and CBS).
- Assist in the Development of Long Range Financial Plans (15 Years) Develop and coordinate the process for resource allocations for the 15 year station plan by working with Asset Management and the station personnel
- Regulatory and Advisory Provide accounting expertise and guidance to ensure consistent and accurate financial information. Represent GAAP and FERC accounting requirements to support compliance and successful audit results related to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Provide input and advice for the development of Xcel Energy Supply's accounting and budgeting policies and procedures. In addition, respond to financial data request and oversee the non-financial data requests to support various rate cases and filings.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business degree (6 years experience in a related field may substitute for the degree)
- 8 years experience related to budgeting, accounting, financial analysis, and business/strategic planning
- Working knowledge of financial information systems
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Must live within 60 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Monticello