Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Some College
Salary: TBD upon experience
Location: Arlington, TX, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
NorthStar Energy Services offers engineering, procurement, project management, construction management, and consulting solutions to clients in the energy, petrochemical, and process industries. Our clients include oil & gas processing and transportation, refining, chemical, polymers, and industrial gases companies.
NorthStar has offices in Houston, Texas, Arlington, Texas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our core employees have worked together for more than fifteen years, executing and managing projects around the country. Our team of professionals, from junior engineers to senior technical experts, has experience in applicable process technologies, program management, conceptual and design engineering, construction management, commissioning and start-up.
The North Texas team focuses on Engineering, Project Management and Construction in the oil & gas industry. We provide engineering services for Midstream companies on Pipelines, Pumps, Compressor & Meter Stations, Tank Farms, Gas Plants, and Dehydration Units.
Job Title: Sr. Project Controls Manager
The Project Controls Lead is responsible for planning, monitoring, and controlling budgets, cost, and schedule for industrial engineering, procurement, and construction projects. The person, under general supervision evaluates proposals, project scope, and constraints to develop baseline budget and schedule tracking mechanisms.
Essential Job Duties and Functions:
- Responsible for design engineering work on projects of moderate size and complexity under supervision of Senior Engineer, Principal Engineer or Department Manager.
- Perform job duties independently.
- May function as discipline lead on projects.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, codes, and procedures for oil and gas engineering and construction projects.
- Creating and implementing organizational and project processes for tracking project costs and schedule in liaison with operations and functional management.
- Project forecasting, budget monitoring, progress monitoring, schedule updating, and analysis and implementation of project controls.
- Providing guidance to the project services team and project management team in maintaining the execution of consistent, accurate, and timely reporting on a continual basis.
- Coordinating meetings and reviews with the project team including contracts and legal if required.
- Verifying appropriate project controls requirements are included in contracts prior to being sent for bid.
- Creating progress measurement plan specific to the requirements of the project.
- Verifying timely and accurate reporting.
- Coordinating progress measurement activities within the project controls team.
- Verifying the contractors adhere to progress measurement requirements as defined by the agreement.
- Accounting for the accuracy of cost and schedule estimates.
- Validating contract, scope, cost, and schedule change management.
- Minimum of 4 years of Project Controls experience (budget & schedule)
- Experience using Primavera (P6) and MS Project is a must
- Knowledge of earned-value progress metrics and ability to implement earned value tracking mechanisms for individual projects as well as project portfolios
- Knowledge and ability to create, update, and maintain engineering and construction budgets is a must
- Ability to create, update, and maintain budgets, cost reports, and earned-value metrics using MS Excel and accounting system
- Experience working with Oil & Gas Engineering / Construction is a must
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction field is a plus, but not required. May be substituted with 8-12 years of oil and gas industry experience.
- Problem Solving: Must be able to understand and interpret technical material. Must be able to solve problems quickly, completely, accurately, and to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
- Knowledge/Skills: Must be self-motivated and possess good organizational skills. Must be able to work alone and accomplish responsibilities with only general direction. Must be able to work as part of a team. Must pay close attention to details, follow high standards for accuracy and completeness, and accept constructive criticism from coworkers.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Client Contact: Must have the ability to work with clients to fulfill their project related issues.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function:
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Quanta Services safely provides engineering, procurement and construction services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power and oil and natural gas industries. With a workforce tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Quanta is the premier provider in the industries it serves. Through a team of electric power and oil and gas service companies, Quanta Services is the complete solution.