Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Concord, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN I
This position performs basic laboratory tests, under supervision, to determine chemical or physical characteristics designated by our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Perform basic analytical tests from well-defined standards and procedures as required by the Location Manager or senior management staff.
- Complete laboratory raw data sheets and make accurate entries into Saybolt's laboratory computer programs.
- Assist senior laboratory personnel in the preparation of samples for analysis and the setting up, adjusting and operation of laboratory equipment for which the technician has been adequately trained and has been verified to operate correctly in accordance with applicable standards and sound laboratory practice.
- Verify and communicate results obtained from the performance of laboratory procedures and make the appropriate entries into instrument logs, control charts, laboratory worksheets, and any other media, whether print or electronic, assuring the validity and traceability of the information.
- Perform and maintain laboratory procedures, equipment calibration, control charting, documentation and records in full compliance with the quality assurance program outlined in Saybolt's quality manuals and compliance program.
- Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment.
- Prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas for use in laboratory analysis.
- Laboratory technicians must be documented to be able to perform basic all tests in accordance with applicable standards and sound laboratory practice.
- Exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements specified in Laboratory Manual #5, , Saybolt LP HSE Manual, and the Core Laboratories Safety and Environmental Manual, and all applicable company policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year or more of related experience and/or training
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to read and understand all analyses and safety standards in English, including industry standards such as ASTM, IP, UOP, EPA, etc., customer supplied standards, and other well-defined analytical standards and procedures used in the laboratory.
- Ability to communicate and work productively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Laboratory technicians must be ready to accept job assignments at any time, including scheduled days off. Overtime must be worked as required. Attendance at monthly safety meetings is required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructional and technical materials relating to procedures and safety; and applicable government regulations. Ability to write applicable reports and correspondence clearly. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, schedulers and clients. Ability to read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and quantities (linear, volumetric, or weight) and to read and interpolate applicable data and tables. Able to draw and interpret applicable graphs and control charts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must maintain a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
- The employee must regularly lift or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust.
- Ability to work in the presence of odors typical of petroleum or petrochemicals without allergic reactions or nausea when such odors are within OSHA-designated permissible exposure limits (PELs).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and test or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Saybolt provides product information, training, engineering controls, and personal protective equipment in an effort to protect employees from exposure to potentially harmful levels of those materials. Employees are required to read product information, use available engineering controls, follow guidelines presented during training, and be able to wear and use appropriate protective equipment, including respiratory protective equipment, as may be required by the work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.