Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Cost Engineer, Estimating, Project Engineer
Other Skills: SAP, KBase, Icarus
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sr. Project Cost Estimator - Global Projects (48205)
LyondellBasell is the third-largest independent chemical company in the world. The Company continues to grow and expand with its POTBA Plant and newly announced HDPE Plant (click here for article) and is looking for experienced talent to work on multi-million dollar capital projects as part of the Global Projects group. This group is responsible for developing and executing major capital projects on a global basis as a shared-service organization providing project expertise to all LyondellBasell manufacturing locations and businesses with an estimated annual spend of $1 billion.
As a member if our dynamic team, you will provide estimates for capital to support business studies and further development of capital projects in support of the execution of the company's Long Range Capital Plan for projects along the Gulf Coast. The position also reviews and validates detail or control estimates prior to full funding authorization of capital projects. US offices are located at our new Houston Engineering Center only 14 short miles from downtown Houston, TX.
This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package and pension.
- Works with project managers and teams in developing conceptual estimates.
- Support maintenance of the estimating tool, methodology and historical data in support of the conceptual estimating process.
- Reviews contractor's estimates for completeness and reasonable basis that supports the project's physical scope.
- Assists project team in resolution of estimating issues involving cost, schedule, & changes.
- Assist with the implementation, collection, data storage, and publishing of project metrics.
- Conduct post project audits to collect actual data versus estimated data for the purpose of making adjustments to estimating assumptions and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum of 10 years of estimating experience in the chemical or petrochemical industry.
- Professional certification by AACE in estimating preferred.
- Knowledge of the different estimating tools and methods utilized by industry.
- Experience developing Class 5, 4, 3 and 2 estimates for capital projects.
- Strong computer skills -SAP, Microsoft Office Products, KBase, Icarus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively handle multiple project and/or changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.