Skills: Business Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Alpharetta, GA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler E&I Americas is recruiting for a Senior Proposal Manager to join our growing proposal team at our Alpharetta, GA North American headquarters.
We have a full-time career opportunity for an energetic, resourceful and experienced individual to support proposal development for a global engineering, construction and consultancy firm. This individual will lead the preparation, production, and delivery of proposals and presentations primarily in support of strategic proposals for the Government sector. The Senior Proposal Manager will help lead and manage the production of IDIQ, task order proposals, and other responses, and ensure that the proposal is compliant and delivered on time. In this key role, you will collaborate with capture management, SMEs, and proposal staff to write, edit, review, and produce winning proposals.
- Take end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes, including written proposals, oral presentations, Best and Final Offers (BAFOs), Evaluation Notices (ENs), Final Proposal Revisions (FPR), etc.
- Participate in pre-proposal positioning where appropriate, as well as proposal development strategies and implementation; This includes capture plan and proposal planning document development
- Pro-actively develop, maintain, and continuously apply E&I Americas proposal planning process for each proposal, to include outlines/mockups, storyboards, themes, action items, etc.
- Compile materials for proposals, ensuring that client's requirements are fully met; This involves conducting searches for appropriate materials and writing and editing project summaries, resumes of project personnel, and other supporting sections of the proposal; Leverage existing archived proposal information
- Remain current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation
- Participate pro-actively in advancing E&I Americas proposal knowledge management processes
- Plan and manage all required meetings, assign specific responsibilities, monitor performance of proposal team, and provide guidance, as needed, to keep proposal schedule on track
- Coordinate development of pricing and subcontracting proposal sections
- Provide quality assurance checks to ensure that all document deliverables support the standards and procedures set forth in Company policies, procedures, and practices
- Coordinate color/management team reviews
- Coordinate with graphic designers to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions to enhance proposal documents
- Perform quality check of all proposal sections and volumes; Responsible for accuracy and quality
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business or a technical/scientific discipline or related field from an accredited university required
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive experience specifically as a Proposal Manager (not Proposal Coordinator) developing and managing complex proposals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment in engineering and construction industries
- Ability to write proposal text from scratch or modify existing proposals to meet the specific needs of each new RFP
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as a member of various teams or to work independently as required
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and complete high quality work against strict and conflicting deadlines; Successful candidate should expect to work overtime on extremely short notice
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential
- Excellent computer skills are essential, particularly extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat; Proficiency with SharePoint and InDesign is desired
The Senior Proposal Manager must be knowledgeable of the federal proposal process, be extremely hands-on, and possess a “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.