Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Izmir, Turkey
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Supervisor - Rotating Equipment to be based in Izmir, Turkey to work on the construction of the STAR Aegean Refinery. This position will be on a Fixed Term Contract basis and is expected to run until April 2018.
The STAR Aegean Refinery is a greenfield complex crude oil refinery in the Izmir region with the capacity to process 214,000 barrels of crude oil per day. It comprising various process units including Crude and Vacuum, Coker, MEROX, Hydrocracker, Diesel Hydrotreatment, Naphtha, Amines & SWS, Sulfur and CCR. This project is being executed by an EPC Contractor and Amec Foster Wheeler is delivering Project Management Consultancy services to STAR for this prestige project.
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to the Mechanical Rotating Equipment discipline and area of work
- In conjunction with the contractors’ supervision, planning engineers, and the Construction Engineer, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule
- Continually review material and equipment deliveries and report discrepancies and / or shortages to the Discipline Superintendent and Material Controller
- Ensure that contractors record all quality control checks, and that all quality documentation is available for inclusion in the handover dossiers. Ensure all quality control checks and tests are executed in accordance with the contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications
- Witness, inspect and maintain surveillance checks on contractors work in accordance with the site quality plan requirements, and agreed ITP’s. Ensure that all inspection activities are recorded in the appropriate records
- Assist the Discipline Superintendent in preparing all reports relative to the work progress in his area and attend progress meetings as and when required
- Continually monitor the installation progress comparing planned and actual progress measures claimed by the Contractor. Inform Discipline Superintendent of shortfalls and anomalies
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive exposure to Mechanical Rotating Equipment construction activities within a refinery environment
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Turkish is essential
- Considerable experience of supervising Construction staff to achieve effective construction execution
- Extensive rotating equipment experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing law