Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Izmir, Turkey
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for an Electrical Supervisor to be based in Izmir, Turkey to work on the construction of the STAR Aegean Refinery. This position will be on a Fixed Term Contract basis and is expected to run until April 2018.
The STAR Aegean Refinery is a greenfield complex crude oil refinery in the Izmir region with the capacity to process 214,000 barrels of crude oil per day. It comprising various process units including Crude and Vacuum, Coker, MEROX, Hydrocracker, Diesel Hydrotreatment, Naphtha, Amines & SWS, Sulfur and CCR. This project is being executed by an EPC Contractor and Amec Foster Wheeler is delivering Project Management Consultancy services to STAR for this prestige project.
- Check in advance, in cooperation with Field Material Controller, if the material to be used for the erection of planned works is available and report to Area Superintendent / Construction Manager any deficiency and the information on the approximate arriving date of material
- Assist the Field Material Controller, if required, for the unloading of electrical equipment and checking of parts that arrive disassembled on site
- Check that all electrical materials are protected, when required, in accordance with Vendor's instructions and / or Amec Foster Wheeler specifications during warehousing and / or erection period
- Check and approve the material request prepared by Subcontractor. In particular the checking consists to verify if materials required are correct in quantity and quality for work planned by Amec Foster Wheeler, and in accordance with drawing and specifications
- Check all equipment after completion of erection and execute all insulation tests and all calibration necessary to prepare the equipment ready for operation
- Check the electrical motor run-in
- Call Client Construction Manager Electrical Specialist for witnessing of completed work check out
- Keep close contact to Client Construction Manager to assure correct execution of interface activities
Skills / Qualifications
- Have 5 years’ demonstrated experience as minimum in a similar role on international Projects
- Has proven interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Works with integrity and ethically and upholds organisational values
- Fluent in written and spoken Turkish
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.