Keith, United Kingdom
Keith, United Kingdom
Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Keith, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler currently require the services of Shuttering Joiners to work on the Installation of the 275kv Blackhillock Cabling Project North West of Aberdeen.
Contract duration estimated at 16 weeks.
Location: Keith, Scotland, AB55 5FH.
Candidates located within 50 miles preferred, no lodge payments.
- To provide general assistance services to 275kv Cabling Project in support of safe delivery of project work scope
- Shuttering experience with proof of competency
- Formwork experience
- Steel fixing experience
- Ability to work to construction drawings
- Working within live compounds.
- Ensure all work scope undertaken is carried out in a safe and productive manner, in line with Supervisors direction, company and project procedures.
- Be aware of and practice fully the requirement for total safety attitude in all operations
- Assist trade personnel in the completion of their duties
- Prepare and maintain worksite in line with Supervisor’s instruction
- Assist with general housekeeping, ensuring a safe, clean and tidy site is maintained at all times
- Assist where required with specialist cleaning duties
- Follow the schedule communicated by the supervisor
- Support the main activity by obtaining the necessary tools and materials and then assisting the trade personnel under their guidance and instruction
- Providing it is within the general/craft assistant’s ability, deal with any minor issue that prevents completion of the task
- Proactively seek additional tasks where time permits
- Adhere to all company policies, working practices and procedures as communicated by the company from time to time
- Participate in Toolbox Talks / DASS
- Participate and contribute to Emergency Response process and procedure
- Participate and contribute to personnel development programmes
- Assist other discipline trades, (within capability)
Skills / Qualifications
- Must have experience of working within sub stations either National Grid or SSE and hold relevant certificates BESC and Persons or equivalent
- Manual Dexterity
- Able to listen and act upon instruction
- Commitment and Determination.
- Highly motivated
- Understanding of working with internationally recognised Health and Safety and Quality policies
- Experience within an engineering / construction / utilities background
- Full clean driving licence wound be beneficial
- Understanding of GS6 & HSG47
- Good understanding of Working in Agricultural Land with the Installation of Ducts.
- Emergency first aid
UKPN Authorisationsand CSCS Card or equivalent plus previous work on Substations would be an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.