Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for a QAQC Engineer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, QA Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- To perform QA/QC duties on the project in line with the contract scope of works and in accordance with AMEC Foster Wheeler and clients requirements.
- To read, understand and implement the Company’s Integrated Management Systems and policies as described in the project specific Quality Management Plan and Inspection and Test Plan.
- To provide support and assistance to senior management and project personnel to guarantee that project quality objectives are achieved in a timely manner.
Key aims and objectives
- To ensure that all work as undertaken by Amec Foster Wheeler and by any sub-contractors on their behalf are suitably controlled and are in accordance with the relevant procedures and specifications.
- To ensure that all project/company Quality goals are achieved and where possible exceeded
- Ensure that all personnel are aware of and implement Quality into the day to day working practices.
- Encourage a culture where work is carried out to a suitable standard whereby any reason or necessity for reworks is eliminated on the project.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Actively engage with clients personnel on any issues relating to quality on the project.
- Perform QA/QC duties as required.
- Support the project team on QA/QC related issues.
- Ensure that project engineers and responsible persons provide detailed reports and information as required and in accordance with the ITP.
- Carry out any surveillance inspections in accordance with the ITP.
- Monitor any sub-contractor activities in accordance with surveillance plans.
- Witness any local off site testing that may be required.
- Maintain Calibrations register for any monitoring and measuring equipment in use on site.
- Liaise with project engineers to confirm that any Technical Queries as identified on site during construction activities are executed and answered accordingly
- Manage the project NCR programme on site.
- Provide weekly / monthly updates to project management.
- Attend weekly / monthly meetings as requested.
- Witness any Site Acceptance Tests as taking place.
- Retain hard copies of any site records and inspection reports that are to be included in the As Built documentation files.
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrate experience in similar role or QA/QC position
- Extensive knowledge of the Construction processes, its implementation and management.
- Delivery focussed with experience in achieving project goals whilst maintaining high standards.
- Experience in compiling documentation packages.
- Ability to interface and interact with Management and Client representative at all levels.
- Ability to work both at project and corporate levels.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.