Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dyce, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Senior Developer will be the key resource in developing complex code to ensure the success of the SafeWells product. Specifically the job holder will be responsible for complex code enhancements, bug fixes and research and development of the product
- Design and develop SafeWells software to meet the needs of the customers
- Assist in the mentoring and development of less experienced members of the development team.
- Deputise for IT Systems Manager when he/she is unavailable, as directed by the management team.
- Provide realistic application delivery dates to the customers (both internal and external as required) and keep them up-to-date with progress made.
- When required, plan/implement development projects and supervise more junior members of the team to achieve the project's goal.
- By a key contributor to the development and roadmap of the SafeWells product
- Produce relevant documentation for use by the customers and other software developers
- Provide 2nd line support for the SafeWells enhancements once they have been deployed.
- Ensure compliance with Expro's QHSE policies
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Exposure to PRINCE2 - desirable
- Exposure to ITIL - desirable
- PRINCE II certification - desirable
- A strong understanding of object orientated programing and of modern development methodologies, patterns and practices
- Exposure to AGILE methodology - essential
- A detailed understanding of the software development lifecycle
- A detailed understanding of the development of custom web based solutions
Expro’s mission is well flow management. We provide services and products that measure, improve, control and process flow from high-value oil and gas wells, from exploration and appraisal through to mature field production optimisation and enhancement.
Our vision is to be the market leader in well flow management, using the industry’s best people, to deliver the highest standards of safety, quality and personalised customer service.
We provide a range of solutions across six areas of capability:
Exploration & Appraisal Testing
Subsea Safety Systems
Drilling & Completion
Flowback & Clean-up
Well Integrity & Intervention
Expro’s 40 years of experience and innovation empowers the company to offer tailor-made solutions for customers across the energy sector. With over 5,000 employees across 50 countries, Expro offers a truly global service solution.