New Cumnock, United Kingdom
New Cumnock, United Kingdom
Skills: Truck / HGV Driver
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: New Cumnock, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler require a Site Driver - Tractor & Trailer to work on Overhead Lines projects in East Ayreshire.
- The role is site based and the driver will report to the Site Manager / General Foreman. The Site Driver will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of project materials to site and the clearance of scrap materials from site.
- The Site Driver will hold a valid Driving Licence and be expected to carry out inter-project transfers and any other delivery/collection requirements as directed by the Site Manager / General Foreman
- To deliver in a safe and timely manner all project materials as directed by the Site Manager / General Foreman
- The Site Driver will be responsible for all necessary vehicle checks and the security of his loads.
- The Site Driver will be responsible for the clearance of scrap materials and equipment from sites in accordance with CWI Safe Loading and Unloading of Vehicles at Remote Tower Sites
- The Site Driver will liaise with the Stores / Yard personnel in order to maintain a safe and tidy environment in the yard laydown areas.
- In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001:2000 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the current Amec Foster Wheeler
- Health and Safety policy
- Quality Policy
- Environmental Policy
- To work within established Company policies and procedures
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos
- To demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business
- To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
Skills / Qualifications
- Able to listen and follow method statements and risk assessments
- Commitment and determination
- Highly motivated
- Capable of working within excellent Safety, Environmental and Quality organisation
- Must hold a Full UK Driving License with minimum code C&E
- Experience of working on civils site driving a tractor & trailer.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.