Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Izmir, Turkey
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Inspector to be based in Izmir, Turkey to work on the construction of the STAR Aegean Refinery. This position will be on a Fixed Term Contract basis and is expected to run until the end of 2018.
The STAR Aegean Refinery is a greenfield complex crude oil refinery in the Izmir region with the capacity to process 214,000 barrels of crude oil per day. It comprising various process units including Crude and Vacuum, Coker, MEROX, Hydrocracker, Diesel Hydrotreatment, Naphtha, Amines & SWS, Sulfur and CCR. This project is being executed by an EPC Contractor and Amec Foster Wheeler is delivering Project Management Consultancy services to STAR for this prestige project.
- Review and approve Supplier/Subcontractor Quality Control Plans/Inspection Test plans and procedures
- Ensure Review, Witness and Monitor activities are conducted as per the approved Suppliers/Sub-contractors Quality
- Control Plans/Inspection Test Plans
- Be familiar with the requisition requirements and equipment/material specifications
- Be fully familiar with the verification and inspection release processes and ensure their compliance
- Monitor close-out of Supplier/Subcontractor non-conformances
- Review Supplier/Subcontractor Fabrication/Certification Dossiers
- To report promptly to the Project Quality Manager all matters related to Project Quality Management System performance
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with client and regulatory requirements
- Provide input and support the subcontractor/supplier evaluation processes and monitor subcontractor/supplier performance
- Provide performance data as requested for reporting purposes
- Attend Pre-production kick-off meetings with Supplier/Subcontractor
- Assist in the undertaking of both internal and external audit activities as requested
- To participate (as necessary) in management visits/audits to Suppliers and Sub-contractors
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering with 10+ years of experience
- Well- developed knowledge of general engineering principles and practices
- Must have good verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Possess good interpersonal skills with sound written and oral communication skills
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude and a desire to win
- Ability to promote an open and informal communication environment that aims at growing mutual trust and teamwork
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.