Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Izmir, Turkey
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for an HSSE Coordinator to be based in Izmir, Turkey to work on the construction of the STAR Aegean Refinery. This position will be on a Fixed Term Contract basis and is expected to run until the end of 2018.
The STAR Aegean Refinery is a greenfield complex crude oil refinery in the Izmir region with the capacity to process 214,000 barrels of crude oil per day. It comprising various process units including Crude and Vacuum, Coker, MEROX, Hydrocracker, Diesel Hydrotreatment, Naphtha, Amines & SWS, Sulfur and CCR. This project is being executed by an EPC Contractor and Amec Foster Wheeler is delivering Project Management Consultancy services to STAR for this prestige project.
- Provides leadership and support to the integrated Construction HSSE Execution and Functional HSSE team leads, including planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, executing and monitoring all site-based HSSE systems and processes
- Provides HSSE technical and cultural improvement advice, guidance and strategy to the CMT and prime contractors
- Supports overall project goals to reduce the risk of injury, illness, property and environmental damage to all stakeholders and achieve best in class HSSE Performance
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and federal regulations, requirements, standards and best practices
- Demonstrates leadership skills and ability to effectively manage resources (personnel, equipment, materials, facilities, funds and reputation) and key financial issues that impact HSSE functions and the business
- Effective communication (oral, written and listening) skills with proficiency in technical writing and comprehensive documentation
- Demonstrated facilitation, training and presentation skills
- Demonstrates skills in problem solving, team building, total quality management
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity and innovation needed to enhance competiveness
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in managing multiple and constantly changing priorities
- Effective computer skills with MS Office programs
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years experience in the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Safety, Industrial, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or related field is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.