Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Site Materials Controller for the Petra Project in Cullinan.
- Ensure that the physical receipt of goods on site is managed and controlled and duly reconciled against the relevant purchase orders
- Ensure goods received are in good condition and acceptable
- Receive receipts and invoices from suppliers and check them for accuracy
- Correlate all manifests from suppliers with a register
- Construct a spreadsheet showing (SMPP) steel, Mechanicals, plate work and piping that has been delivered to site and all outstanding SMPP still to be delivered, also record any missing items
- Supervise the off-loading and storage of equipment and supplies
- Supervise the on-loading from storage and laydown Areas for despatch to work areas on site
- Ensure good housekeeping and security of the materials
- Assist the stores staff with storage of strategic equipment
- Practice good and safe housekeeping
Skills / Qualifications
- Good understanding and working knowledge of stock keeping and materials control
- Good understanding of the English language and computer literacy is required
- Complete high school education with at least 5 years of stock control experience on mining construction sites is required
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.