Skills: Mechanical Engineering, PDMS / PDS
Other Skills: Integrity Management, In-Line Inspections, data integration, pipeline, threat mitigation, corrosion
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under the general direction of the Pipeline Integrity Coordinator, the candidate will:
o Provide input to the Integrity Management Plan (IMP) and assist in its maintenance
o Analyze in-line inspection results and prepare statistical analysis of findings
o Analyze test/inspection results and develop repair or evaluation plans to facilitate timely repair or evaluation
o Analyze pipeline defects using currently available formulas and methodologies
o Work with field representatives in daily excavation activities
o Advise field personnel on proper repair methods
o Participate as an instructor in in-house training of field personnel in regards to the IMP and inspection techniques
o Perform data integration of relevant pipeline information for threat mitigation
o Complete project close-out reports once field work is complete
o Document activities pertinent to all of the above
Special job characteristics and key measures of job scope for this position include: Ability to deal with pipeline inspection vendors/contractors and company field personnel in a constructive manner and operate in a consensus-building environment for timely completion of projects.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated understanding of corrosion mechanisms and prevention measures
- Fluent in use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated well-developed communications skills (verbal & written) as well as technical writing skills.
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate and interact internally at levels from executive to field teams
- Possess strong technical, organizational, and analytical skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Educational preferences: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. A minimum high school diploma or GED is required.
- Depending on education and experience, a minimum of 5 years pipeline industry experience is preferred. Candidate will also have demonstrated experience in leadership and management and possess excellent analytical skills and strong technical skills.
Plains All American Pipeline (Plains) is a publicly-traded master limited partnership that owns and operates midstream energy infrastructure and provides logistics services for crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL), natural gas, and refined products. We own an extensive network of pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage and gathering assets in key crude oil and NGL producing basins and transportation corridors, and at major market hubs in the United States and Canada. On average, we handle over 4 million barrels per day of crude oil and NGL on our pipelines. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.