Skills: Operations Management, PR / Corporate Communications
Other Skills: Communications, Journalism, Government, Social Media, Stakeholder Relations, Corporate Communications
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Communications Analyst position will focus on supporting the Partnership's current communications and stakeholder relations efforts. This individual will work directly with the Plains Communications team and interact with multiple disciplines within the Partnership to support effective communications to the media, community, public officials, and other stakeholders in the areas where the Partnership operates. The Communications Analyst is responsible for assisting in the development, coordination, and implementation of location-specific communications, community relations, and stakeholder relations plans and programs. Additionally, the Communications Analyst will be involved in monitoring activities that may affect the public perception of the Partnership and in preparing Plains to communicate effectively during incidents related to the Partnership's assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Communications Analyst will serve as an integral member of the Plains Communications team, providing support in the following activities:
- Media Monitoring - log media inquiries and actively monitoring media for Plains coverage and for issues that could affect the Partnership
- Social Media Coordination - actively monitor social media to assess and report dialogue about Plains and to recommend appropriate responses if necessary
- Stakeholder Relations - support ongoing communications initiatives with local elected officials, business leaders and reporters in places where Plains operates; work with the Stakeholder Relations Manager and other groups within the Partnership to develop stakeholder communications plans tailored to the specific needs of each project or initiative
- Incident Response - Participate in regular incident communications training and drills; maintain communications tools, information and materials likely needed during an incident, including stakeholder contact lists
- Community Relations - Respond to requests for assistance or information from members of the community
- Background Materials Development - create reference materials for the Communications team and update evergreen collateral materials, such as a company tool kit, periodically
- Communications Measurement - Maintain and analyze communications-related data streams, such as the stakeholder relations call log, track website hits for project websites, and other metrics
- Corporate Communications Support - Time permitting, support additional activities, including internal communications, corporate website and intranet updates, news release drafting and distribution
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective collaborative working relationships with internal and external personnel at all levels, and from a variety of disciplines
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge, experience and aptitude with social media
- Solid attention to detail
- Results-oriented team player
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Highest standard of personal integrity supported by open and honest communication
- Ability to travel and work overtime, as required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree, ideally with a focus in Communications, Journalism or Government, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2-4 years prior communications or government relations experience required; stakeholder relations and energy experience preferred.
Plains All American Pipeline (Plains) is a publicly-traded master limited partnership that owns and operates midstream energy infrastructure and provides logistics services for crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL), natural gas, and refined products. We own an extensive network of pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage and gathering assets in key crude oil and NGL producing basins and transportation corridors, and at major market hubs in the United States and Canada. On average, we handle over 4 million barrels per day of crude oil and NGL on our pipelines. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.