Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Competentia/Service Desk Technician
Competentia is working with a large Oil and Gas Client in Houston, TX. We are currently in need of Service Desk Technician for a 6-Month contract. This person will be responsible for accurate and timely technology support and problem resolution for internal customer, globally. This role consists of resolving everyday service requests related to PC's, servers, networks, hardware and software problems and malfunctions.
- Field incoming incident or service requests from internal customer via telephone, web and email.
- Build rapport and troubleshoot service desk customers to record incidents.
- Classify, prioritize and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced analysts, Lead Analyst or other IT Groups.
- Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply standard, approved diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's degree desirable in Business or an IT related field.
- 3+ years equivalent work experience in an IT technology environment.
- Certifications in: MCP in Windows XP or A+ Certification.
- 2 years of experience with Windows Active Directory
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ previous experience in a Help Desk and/or Call Center environment.
- Ability to perform shift work and/or a variable work schedule.
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice suites and Windows Operating Systems.