Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Construction is currently looking for summer interns to join our growing construction team for summer 2017. The ideal candidates should be interested in the field construction side of the business and working towards a degree in occupational safety and health. The Summer Internship will require travel to our job site locations where you will work directly with our field teams in a “hands on” industrial construction environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists craft employees/crews in hands-on task performance so as to gain first-hand knowledge of the work and task requirements
- Assists with administrative functions of the HSSE department in order to gain knowledge of day-to-day documentation and record retention
- Assists with training
- Assists with supervisory and site audits and assessments
- Monitor field operations while shadowing experienced HSSE professionals
- Observe incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- Additional responsibilities will be defined in the relevant process procedure
Skills / Qualifications
- Ability to read and understand OSHA standards and company policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and check the quality of own work
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to use sound judgment
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Special Requirement Skill:
- Candidate must be willing to travel to job site location for temporary assignment
- Candidate must have reliable transportation for the duration of the temporary assignment
Experience / Education:
- Candidates for Internship positions should be a current undergraduate or graduate student in good standing working towards a degree in Occupational Safety and Health within an accredited program
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to work across varied disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Limited sitting
- Type and write
- Reach, bend, twist, turn with body and appendages
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl
- Spend a majority of time standing and walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Work in weather extremes (over 100ºF and below 32ºF)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
*Amecfw will not sponsor an employment Visa to fill this position
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.