Skills: Accounting, Project Management, Sales
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
PETRONAS ICT Sdn Bhd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS), Malaysia’s fully integrated petroleum company. We are the digital technology enabler that supports PETRONAS to be a leading oil & gas multinational of choice. Our multinational workforce of more than 1,600 people deliver information and communication technology (ICT) solutions within PETRONAS in 65 countries, servicing more than 51,000 employees worldwide.
*The Employment Term & Conditions for jobs advertised may vary across the PETRONAS group of companies.
Senior Executive, Project Finance
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Minimum Qualification : Bachelor's Degree/Adv. Diploma
No of vacancies: 1
• A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or the equivalent.
• Minimum five (5) years’ working experience in financial management.
• Ability to strategically analyse business and technology improvements which are beneficial to the organization. Drive the changes to achieve end results.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Good presentation and communications skills.
The Senior Executive is responsible to prepare analysis of project financials analysis to ensure all projects are executed within budget, for four action areas: Portfolio Financial Health Monitoring; Solution Proposal and Statement of Work (SoW)/Change Order Cost Review; Project Financials Quality Assurance (QA) Review; and Finance Invoicing Management. He/She will oversee the EPMO Project Finance Team in ensuring the team objectives and responsibilities are successfully met.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Project Finance.
• Manage the team financials including revenue, costs and profitability margins within the division.
• Monitor and analyse project financials of all PET-ICT projects to ensure that they are executed within budget, by driving efforts in four separate functions portfolio financial health monitoring, Solution Proposal and SoW/Change Order cost review, project financials QA review, and Finance invoicing management.
• Plan and implement the departmental strategy in alignment with the overall PET-ICT strategy.
• Collaborate with other EPMO groups and/or Finance Department for any change or development on Finance processes and guidelines that may impact the EPMO financial management team’s objectives, processes, and tools.
• Plan and coordinate with the Management Head in aligning the Financial Management activities with their processes and approach as well as administrative and planning purposes.
• Review and improve service performance to achieve high business satisfaction levels by supporting relevant business engagements and proposal development, building good relationships with the respective businesses during project delivery and support phase, and resolving issues efficiently with minimal business impact.
• Review QA on project financial status, as instructed or triggered by the QA team. Review and monitor monthly Profit & Loss reports and accruals, pre-sales project cost tracking as well as resolve issues, risk, allocation concerns with Project Managers and Opportunity Managers on project financials rectification as necessary.
• Assess and identify issues/risks/allocation concerns with Project Managers and Opportunity Managers on concerns regarding project financials rectification as necessary. Lead the team in analysing potential areas for accruals reduction. Provides advice on guidelines and processes for the consolidation and maintenance of Finance data.
• Assist to ensure Finance is informed to initiate the billing process upon receiving the approved Project Transaction Report files and after these has passed the Financial Consultant’s assessment. Review and validate the assessment of deliverables/ evidences and the approved Project Transaction Report files provided by the Project Managers.
• Develop, maintain and improve Project Financial Management processes, templates, and tracking tools that are directly used by the team in carrying out team’s objectives and responsibilities.
• Establish operations excellence through continuous improvement initiatives to improve operations efficiency and effectiveness within the division in addition to achieving the minimum SLA targets as agreed by the Business and reported in the Service Level Management Committee (SLMC).
• Define and develop initiatives that will ensure continuous improvement of the team’s current processes to cope with changes and challenges from PET-ICT’s Top Management.
Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) is Malaysia’s fully integrated oil and gas multinational ranked among the largest corporations on FORTUNE Global 500. Operating our core business in the Upstream and Downstream sectors, we are present in more than 65 countries since first incorporated in 1974. We are among the top five oil and gas companies (in terms of production) and the most profitable company in Asia. We steadily drive for new solutions and continue pushing boundaries to manage new realities and add value to oil and gas resources in a manner that carefully balances commercial, environmental and social considerations. www.petronas.com