Skills: Reliability Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Beaumont, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
POSITION TITLE: Reliability Superintendent
LOCATION: Beaumont, TX
JOB TYPE: Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading oil, gas and chemical recruitment company. In partnership with a growing Petrochemicals Operator, our client is seeking a Reliability Superintendent for a greenfield plant to implement reliability and mechanical integrity programs while overseeing construction and operations.
The Reliability (Condition Monitoring & Inspection) Superintendent will be responsible for the management and implementation of Condition Monitoring & Inspection policies, strategies and programmes in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure optimal plant availability for production. The incumbent will be required to manage the Human Resources of the workgroup. The management of major capital projects, budget and cost controls and Health, Safety and Environment progammes is also a requirement of the position.
- Co-ordinates and directs the activities of the Condition Monitoring workgroup to ensure that the reliability and availability of plant systems and equipment
- Ensures that the interfaces between the Condition Monitoring Group, Operations, Field Execution and other support groups are seamless.
- Budget and Cost Control: Prepares and manages Condition Monitoring annual budget and implements cost control practices consistent with Company Policies.
- Condition Monitoring: Develops and implements equipment preventive, condition monitoring and reliability engineering programmes for plant rotating equipment, plant static equipment, plant E&I and DCS systems.
- Ensures that technical and engineering support and solutions are provided to the Field Execution group on a routine basis.
- Develops and implements a policy with regard to equipment long term planning - end of life, repair or replace decisions for major plant equipment and assets.
- Ensures the efficient use of all available resources, in-house and contractors in the execution of condition monitoring and inspection works on the plant.
- Ensures that all condition monitoring and inspection reports (real-time critical issue reports, turnaround reports) are compiled and submitted to the Superintendents - Operations and Maintenance on a timely basis.
- Ensures that a system is developed and maintained to record equipment information which allows an efficient and reliable source of historical and analytical data.
- Materials Management: Provides technical inputs and advice on critical spares and inventory management.
Responsible for maintaining a consistent line of communication with all Plant personnel on all matters relative to the Condition Monitoring function or changes in related Company Policy.
Department monthly reporting and special reports as requested.
(i) REPORTS TO
Engineering & Maintenance Manager
(i) EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.Sc in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering with 10 years experience in a process plant environment, five (5) of which must be in a senior supervisory capacity.
(ii) KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Extensive knowledge of process plant operations, maintenance, design and project management in the petrochemical industry.
Strong technical knowledge of plant equipment and performance history.
Ability to apply fundamental engineering concepts, theories and practices to resolve Operational issues.
Acute troubleshooting and problem solving skill
Strong analytical and project management skills.
Strong negotiation skills
Contract management skills
Ability to exercise sound judgment to make quick, accurate and safe decision in response to emergencies and abnormal situations.
Knowledge of Distributed Controls Systems.
Knowledge of HAZOPS
Knowledge of PSM requirements
Knowledge of TRAC
Ability to prepare budgets
Ability to prepare technical / analytical reports
Ability to interact effectively with Technicians, Supervisors, Engineers etc.
Ability to lead, manage and mentor.
Ability to communicate and represent issues effectively.
Risk Management Officers
Labour supply contractors
Local and foreign suppliers/vendors
Statutory Bodies - Inspectorates
Other Petrochemical companies on estate
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the fast growing Operators who are driving forward increasingly specialised and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, matching 401K and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah. Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of global talent solutions to the oil and gas, power, infrastructure, construction, chemical, life sciences and rail sectors worldwide. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, our comprehensive set of guaranteed staffing solutions ranges from payroll administration, taxation and compliance through to emergency response services. Our consultants are discipline specific, so fully understand the roles they work on, and our network of more than 40 offices in 26 countries, means we are on the ground wherever our clients, candidates and contractors need us.