Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Qatar, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Primary purpose of job
To provide, with full responsibility and accountability, a professional technical service to the Corporation for Oil & Gas Processing Offshore in all areas of Quality Assurance and Quality Control, during Front End Engineering Design; Detailed Design in EPIC Execution stage, and Procurement ensuring that designs are in compliance with Project Quality Plans * Corporate Quality Requirements, latest Codes, Standards, National and Corporate requirements and procedures.
Experience & Skills
• A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in Oil & Gas Industry with an international consultancy company, EPIC contractor or an internationally recognized Inspection & Certifying agency in the field of QA/QC.
• Experience shall include either design/engineering and/or construction background strength upon which Quality Assurance and Control experience is developed.
• Candidate shall be fully conversant with ISO 9000 quality systems and shall be familiar with various codes & standards applicable to Oil & Gas Industry.
• The candidate shall be broadly familiar with the manufacturing & fabrication processes and associated testing related to Pressure Vessels; Line Pipes & Pipe fittings; Structural Steel, Rotating Equipment, Electrical & Instrumentation equipment encountered in the Oil & Gas Industry and should be able to develop inspection & testing requirement procurement.
• The candidate shall possess Quality Assurance & Quality Control skills as applied in the engineering during FEED & Detailed engineering phase; Procurement Phase and Fabrication & Installation phase.
• The candidate shall be capable of undertaking audits at all phases of the project i.e., Engineering, Procurement and Construction and shall be knowledgeable & lead various feed back systems and continuous improvement programmes.
• Additional preferable skills shall include preparation of scope of work for tender, bid evaluation, project risk assessment and management.
• The candidate should have grown up in the design engineering or construction environment and worked for a minimum of
5 years as a Senior Quality Engineer or a similar position.
• Candidate shall possess leadership skills to motivate and organize project staff and contractors' staff to achieve a high quality levels.
• Proficiency level in the use of the English language (both written & spoken) should be high and must approach native speaker standard.
• Work experience in the Arabian Gulf Countries is desirable.
• Requires extensive ability to be a proactive team player with broader company objective as vision.
• B.Sc. Mechanical/Industrial Engineering graduate of an internationally recognized University, preferably corporate membership with a recognized Chartered or other Professional Institution. The candidate shall be a certified lead auditor.